14. The Prince talks today

Jungkook felt his throat closing up on him as his airways underwent cessation and his blood ran cold.

Taehyung knows.

His brain has desisted functioning long back as now only two words played back to back on a loop like a broken record.

Taehyung knows.

"Now, now! You must have concocted an entire scenario of me jeopardizing your fool-proof agendum" Taehyung smirked. Yes, smirked. However only a bafoon shall manage to miss the wobbling chin he was trying his best to curb.

Taehyung got up from the bed fronting Jungkook who was somewhat nailed down to the bed in his neurogenic shock. Crossing his arms at the back the prince strolled indifferently alongside one corner of the bed to the other while jungkook's eyes did not move along for they were rooted at the auburn leather covered diary set down on the bed, wishing for it to disappear.

"Before my ultimatum about the beautiful- beautiful betrayal, let us first quickly scrutinize the devious scheme of yours, shall we? Oh, ofcourse we shall!" Every single word that came out of the royal's mouth dropped dead drenched in venom, the venom Jungkook in this moment would not mind quaffing down in one go.

"On the very first day of your duty I was certain that you have a motive when you oh-so-easily found Jaebum-ssi in this enormous palace, when I had lied he must be only down the hall, within five minutes. Give away one- it was not your first time in this side of the palace or you had gotten hold of the archtype document."

"Then I started to distill false information about kingdom's plans of war but you did not seem as interested as you did whenever I talked about the whereabouts of the historical precious. Give away two- you were not a spy, you only wished for wealth." Taehyung was stoic, cold in his words as he uttered everything still pacing casually as though talking to himself which was an indication that he had had enough time to wrap his head around this situation. How long has he known? Jungkook was still  an iceberg. What could he even say?

"When you took me out that night" he sighed closing his eyes trying to regather his cold demeanor but struggling to
"You told about your life and then you told me your mother was admitted to the infirmary in Darata. What you must not know is Darata does not have an advanced medicine centre for chronically ill patients. The nearest one is far in Glandit.
Give away one hundred- you were planning to elope and did not want anyone to search the whereabouts of your family." Taehyung chuckled dryly shaking his head.

"However the thing was, I had long given up on my little sphinx-hunt of you. You started comforting me in my low moments, holding me, saying things nobody has ever taken the time to verbalize. So I overlooked a million other give aways and just wished for you to kiss me. All. The. Time."

"Now let me acquaint you with the moiety of your plan that I did not catch in time. Me."  Jungkook furrowed his brows and looked upto the royal in puzzle. "Now that is where I must agree with you being an outstanding m-manipulater!" Taehyung halted and allowed his beautiful orbs to brim with tears causing jungkook's chest to hurt at the site.

"It was a good scheme, i will let you know. Get the helpless hated royal to fall for and then use him as a crutch!"
Jungkook vigorously shook his head. Yes, he is untrustworthy. But he is not a monster. Taehyung was never a part of the plan. Just collateral damage.

"Break the broken, it takes less strength." Taehyung smiled as a lone tear escaped his eyes. Jungkook's own eyes began to sting and God knows he hasn't cried in years. A decade, to be specific. Taehyung's tears hurt, sure. But him smiling through his tears - bruises.