15. The Aftermath

"Tae, I beg you to not be incorrigible! I know what he did was unacceptable but it has been one week! He left! You cannot continue to torture yourself this way!" witnessing the (fake or not) ever smiling prince simply succumb to perturbation, wrapped in a blanket like a baby in a cradle was heartbreaking. It was a downfall not deserved.

He now perhaps regrets his decision of informing Taehyung first about his discovery of Jungkook's enigmatic plans than taking the matter to Sir Yoongi which was rather the dutifully correct action to do. For now that his eyes take in the plight of his friend, who pretends to be asleep in hopes of avoiding a conversation, he wishes nothing but bad to happen to the male who led to all this.

Night of the coronation-

"Uh..yes.. I was.. I was wondering.. umm.. if.. youcouldhavelunchwithmetomorrow. Please?"

"Yeah okay. See you."

Namjoon waved excitedly to the back of the girl turning smaller and smaller till it disappeared below the stairs at a phenomenal speed. "Jiwa's sister is adorable."

Just about to turn back around his eyes fell on the little brown pouch lying unclaimed on the stairs, the same one he had observed tied on the belt of Yerin's skirt. He picked it up and rushed behind the girl. He could always hand it over later but a little alibi to be around her a little more shan't hurt, shall it?

"Brother! Wait! Brother!" Yerin sprinted towards the main gate as Namjoon followed, now confused.
-had Jiwa come back? Oh he shall be punished good if he has!

"Do not call me that here. We have a cover you must not blow." he heard a familiar voice in an unfamiliar tone.

So he tip-toed to obscure in the back of an oak tree and successfully overheard the conversation clearly not meant for his ears, or anyone's.

As much as his heart yearned to comfort Yerin crying on the bench post, who's alleged brother just estranged her heartlessly, he needs some answers from the royal.

"No- no.  I sent him to pluck a lotus for me?"

"A lotus? At this hour?"

"Ofcourse, is that odd? Sir Yoongi, you worry redundantly. Solely because Jiwa absconded does not mean each one of my guards who are not in site will too!"

"Tae- I mean, your highness?" Namjoon interrupted hesitantly. While he has always had a respectful friendship with Lt. Hoseok and started to blossom the same with Lt. Jimin, the mere site of the third (also the highest in power) army General scares him enough to make him defecate in his trousers.

"Joonie hyung?" Taehyung looked up inquisitively and knew in a jiffy something was odd.
"Your highness you may need help with the robe for the feast, am I wrong? Jungkook appealed me to help you sort it out in his absence." a twinkle flicked in the eyes of the royal. Namjoon cursed at his lousy observation for not noticing this very clear connection earlier.

At the corner of his eye he was sure he saw Yoongi's brow raise making perspiration to appear on his forehead as he escorted Taehyung to his chambers where once reached, he locked the doors.

"Perhaps did he mention where he left to?" the prince speaks up non nonchalantly.

"As much as my heart aches at the thought of you not confiding in me, this is not the best time to act on emotion. Now you tell me everything and then I do...."