33. The unheld hand

"Breathe. Just breathe. Take deep inhalations. Comeon pal." Namjoon rubbed the hyperventilating man's back and looked helplessly at Lt. Jung who was rubbing under his feet vigorously; anything to help reinstate circulation of blood.

"Jeon, can't you atleast try to!" the leutinent did not intend for his tone to come out this rancorous, however a consternation of the said ex-guard's worsening condition had him feeling really angsty.

"Caah- C- can't-t- hah!" he tried to utter while funnelling his lips to somehow absorb in the air that his lungs beseeched yet somehow refused to accept.

Both the other men whipped their heads to the door of the servant's quarter that creaked open to signal the incoming of Seokjin and Yerin with a few things in hand.

"Here keep this ice pack on his head, can perhaps help." Jin extended the pack from Yerin's hand to Namjoon who complied readily.

Yerin quietly, as she has been since the combat yesterday (even after Jungkook regained his consciousness), sat beside the man on the other side and started fanning him with the tray she just carried glasses of water in.

Something incognizant tugged at the strings of Namjoon's heart making him murmur in a tone as calm as a butterfly and as soothing as it's silk.

"Yerin-ssi, what's wrong?"

"I-"

Before the completion of barely the first word, the door burst open revealing Kim Jongha smiling from ear to ear, beaming with arms spread up like wings.

"ALL HAIL to the brother-of-the-century! I just finished with the much anticipated burial of Kim Taehyung!" he grinned.

That is all it took for Jungkook to break down again wailing on top of his lungs as he lunged himself on Yerin, digging his face on her shoulder. Both Yerin and Namjoon agilely adjusting his pillows

"Your highness!" Jin exclaimed in exasperation, hands raising and dropping by his side depicting a debacle.

Jongha finally looked around at the scenario in the conjusted room and bit his tongue sheepishly. "Oh! My grave apologies." he lowered his voice sitting next to Jin.
"Another panic attack?"

"Yes. Each one more heinous than the previous. Truth be told, I'm starting to worry for him a little."

"Don't worry, sir. He will come through." Yerin muttered combing through her brother's messy blonde locks. She looked up to the men thereafter. "He always does."

"Any news from Sir Yoongi, Lt.?" Jongha catechized towards Hoseok, now all serious.

It was this diacritic aura around him that screamed authority and yet an unsaid auburn warmth in his eyes that said amiable.
Hoseok could testify covenantly that this is the real king. Just like it is supposed to be.

Now it is only for the other half of their plan to succeed. However for that the most input they can give is wait.

Time takes time.

"Yes, your highness. I talked to him an hour ago and he informs that the king has finally acquiesced in to have Kwon Daehyun hung here, on our land." Hoseok spoke befittingly, still rubbing the man's feet who was now quietly sobbing on his sister's shoulder.

"Well, he barely had a say. Arauna does not function under him, it functions under the Book Of Law. He had to comply."

"Precisely. So as we speak, the murderer of Darata must be ascending to his culmination." Namjoon piped in whilst tilting a glass of water on Jungkook's lips.