22. Slight change of plans II

"Petal-"

"No."

"Please, please you must inform me what I did to upset you!"

"Kook, for the last time, I'm not upset."

"Let me be the only liar here, yes? And tell me what I did. I beg you." Jungkook whined like a stubborn kid thumping one foot on the floor that he stood on. Taehyung sighed.

It was not a lie however, Taehyung was really not upset.
He was livid.
Annoyed to the point where he contemplated sleeping with granny this evening.

He was more than capable to adumbrate every single emotion beneath a smile, however it was Jungkook who urged him to discontinue that practice and be expressive, to him atleast. So now he must bare with it.

Losing last string of diligence, the younger got up from the creeky bed, gripped the elder from both his shoulders and made him sit down on the bed, thereafter standing with hands on his hips frowning down at the other.

"You insist on knowing? Fine. Fine! Here it goes. We come to this house - this room was a wreckage. We were supposed to clean it together! You made me sit on the chair and did it all by yourself because you wished for me to take a rest! I complied, that is what I always do." the older gulped.

"Then we offered to prepare the supper! We! Yet you went ahead and did it all by yourself because you wished for me to take rest! Fine!
Then we were asked to fetch the ripe fruits from the thicket! We!
I visit the loo for half a minute and you scurry away to do it by yourself again! Why?"

Taehyung paced around the small room talking at the speed of light while Jungkook beyond bewildered from this flare up sat with hands locked in his lap and mouth agape the size of a palm tree.

"Wait, no! I have a hunch why! So that I COULD TAKE REST! Isn't it?" Taehyung scowled down at the other.

Blinking at the ceiling he foraged for any safe retort to this. Or any retort in their language. Or any language. Any sound would do too.
He reckons his muscles somehow love to betray him in the time of need.

"Oh now you cannot speak. You only speak to command me to take rest, is that right?" Taehyung glowered infinitesimally. However it liquefied to a mere pout when Jungkook patiently kept peering at his face with an undefinable glim in his eyes.

"Why are you looking at me like that?" his words assorted behind the prominent pout.

Jungkook half smiled placing the rolled up scarf in his hands beside him and extended his palm towards the prince, who glared at it for an aeon before exhaling loudly and placing his slender one on it.

Jungkook smiled tenderly at this and tugged at the limb dotingly placing the younger on his thigh. The now flustered boy leaned his side on the other's chest snuggling his head on the fork of his lover's neck and shoulders.

"I brought something for you." Jungkook spoke, voice barely above a whisper; delicately rubbing his scarred cheek on the other's forehead. Both together sighed in relief.

He extended his hand to the rolled scarf now placing it on the lap of the boy sitting on his own lap, unfolding it.

"Strawberries! I love strawberries!!" the boy gasped, big doe eyes twinkling like shooting stars.
Oh how Jungkook lived for these eyes.

"Shh.. Keep your voice down, petal. I had to steal it from her. If you had not already observed, the woman is peculiarly passionate about her fruits." Jungkook watched the boy giggle endearingly and happily accepted the strawberry he extended towards his mouth.