12. Rid me of the purity

"Thank goodness you are here! Where were you last night?" Yerin scampered to proximate her brother who was brisk walking through the palace gates in desperate attempts of avoiding any form of commerce with his little sister, or anyone for that matter.

The sky was a bright orange this morning, but only a broken-hearted or a poet would see the gloomy overcast that covered it all. As if the wind rustled in a heavyhearted melancholy, like expressing it's disagreement at the atrocity Jungkook was going to commit.

The dismal for a fragile heart that was about to be shattered.

"Why would I not be? It's my last day as a guard disguise. I must bid my farewells, shouldn't I?"

"Brother I beg you! Don't do this. If have you lost all your conscious to your greed for money think about that boy. He is delicate, feeble.

Jungkook adjourned his movements and turned to his sister with a fire in his eyes. She took a step back, now trembling.

"You think I don't know? Huh? You presume me a fool?
You don't understand, Yer! For years I have had my conscious gnawed upon about how if I was not a damn coward, I could have stopped father, or atleast have him saved with possibly an ugly half face like this." Jungkook ripped his scarf off of his face to prove his point. He had lost all sense of composure consequently having him snap at the young girl.

"I don't want anything for myself from this. If there is any left after I pay that infirmary, you can keep it and do whatever it is that you wish to do. I don't want a single penny!" he yelled.

"You wish for me to recede now that I have been given a second chance. I don't care if mother's disease has no cure. I just wish to certify that I did everything in my power to bring her back and not backed away just because I fell in love?" The latter part of his last sentence was addressed more to himself than to the girl he fronted.

"If I have to choose between mother and Taehyung, I shall pick mother because even if I do cull for Taehyung, you and I both know, in no universe he could be mine."
Jungkook stormed off whilst curtaining his scar again leaving behind a speechless, helpless girl.

*****

"Where were you, haa? I went out of my mind looking for you." taehyung hit a powerless punch on jungkook's chest with a little pout formed on the glossy pink lips.
"How can you leave me on the happiest night of my life. I wanted to kiss you so bad" *another hit*
"I was so worried." *another hit*
"Why aren't you answering, huh?" *another hit*

"I felt like I was going to throw up. I felt unwell, like I couldn't breathe. Had to leave urgently." he was aware by now that Taehyung had a power to read the lies that he manipulated the world offhandedly with. However, this wasn't one. It was exactly how he felt at that moment.

"Oh my! I'm- I'm so sorry. How do you feel now?" the pouty lips gasped in worry as the beautiful human in Jungkook's arms started caressing the chest he had delicately hit. "I feel terrible for making assumptions, I'm deeply sorry."

"No, no! If anything, I'm the one sorry. I will be sorry for the rest of my life." he broke the eye contact to gaze at the calamitous jewel that was decorated on top of the beautiful boy's head.

" he broke the eye contact to gaze at the calamitous jewel that was decorated on top of the beautiful boy's head