26. You and I collide

A/N - make sure you read the previous chapter.

Some say I'm reaching for the stars. Some say I'm the fool with hands raised in the dark....

A candle in hand, he stared at Jungkook's note for the zillionth time that night, in hopes that it may begin to talk itself; reaching no conclusions other than the certitude of himself as a moron.

How can he not construe what the man he loves wishes for him to understand.

"DOWNWARD INWARD 8"

What was this supposed to indicate? What has his years and years of burying the head in books libated if he cannot break down one little note.

Ok, from the top.

Think like Jungkook. Or try.

"What can possibly go downwards and inwards?"

'The napkin under the bowl is a note from Jungkook.'

"Something about the bowl? But there is no bowl here now. Something else in that sentence...."

"Under the bowl?"

"Under something?" he looked around "But there is nothing here, except this hopeless excuse of a bed!"

"The bed? Under the bed??" he rushed to the wooden furniture and grabbed the Staple's shovel hasitly now going ballistic.

A billion ideas cascaded through his head and spun in magnificent circles.

'North. Corner right.'

"North of what? I'm in a dungeon for heaven's sake! I cannot walk anymore north, there's legitimately a wall three steps away."

"Wall? The wall facing north? THE WALL FACING NORTH!!"

"Okay but what about it?"

"Corner right, Ofcourse!"

"Am I supposed to dig something here?" he pressed the tip of the shovel on the corner most brick of the north wall.

Nothing budged.

"Why must it? How does this thing work?" he pouted now a lump growing in his throat in desperation.

Just in time his vision fell back to the lone napkin on the floor under the shadow of the candle's flame. "DOWNWARD INWARD."

A scraping like sound originated when he moved the shovel downwards and inwards.

"YES!!" rejoicing in the achievement he started to hastily move the shovel the right corner brick.

*

For the entirety of the last twenty minutes, the royal had not halted the frenzied madcap of the shovel movements.
Breathing jarred and a heavy fabric of sweat all over, he hit and hit but not an inch of the brick did budge.

Finally implementing the thought he has had for the last ten minutes he drops down the shovel in anguish and kicks it away.
He sits himself down, takes the note in hand and brings it to his chest.

"I-I apologize Jungkook. I apologize for letting you down. F-for not being g-good enough. I suppose I will never know what you wished to convey." a shaky breath later he looks at the admirable handwriting of his lover again.
A tear rolls down the honey cheeks and drops on the note.

Ink under the saline drop dances under it's influence and spreads around forming a carnation of blue.

"You call me a carnation sometimes when I blush." he smiled through the brimming orbs, however in a mere second the smile dropped again.

It was then he noticed that the ink that mingled with his tear was not from the two words he has been beset with. It was the third one.
The number to be specific - 8.

Eyes blown into a full circle, he crawled to the shovel and picked it up again, now chanting all the prayers he has ever learnt and reminder of his lover's face on every line of the pray.

He counted eight bricks from the corner right of the north wall, set the shovel in it's crevise, pushed it downwards then inwards once.
And just like that the brick slid and fell by his feet.

In the slot of the displaced brick was a letter. A letter by Jungkook.

He clutched the peice of paper with shivering acrals, still in disbelief, and replaced everything like it ever was. "Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes!"

The paper was brought to his lips he kissed it till he lost count again and again and again. Every cell of his body now washed in relief shrugged the despair through the window of his eyes as one after the other tears slid down the face that was now crimson.

"Oh Jungkook, you are so adroit, so brainy. But let's agree, I'm no less." he giggled after.

Finally he opened it with the widest smile to ever exist and tears that would not cease.

Petal, my petal,

I apologize for the catastrophic course you endured for this letter. There are way too many eyes looking at us.
However, there are also way too many eyes looking out for us.
I wish to say so many things to you, my baby, yet most essentially I wish for you to not do what my father did.

-Yours, thief.

*****

Hours and hours of blushing furiously at the peice of paper, kissing it, caressing it, Taehyung only attempted at sleep when the last candle warned to give up on him.

However today, virtue of this letter, he sleeps on the cold hard floor of a dark onyx isolated dungeon with a smile on his face.

Because he knows what Jungkook's father did.

"He gave up on his love."

================================
Hello

Double update and both with smily endings.. because I'm a very nice human being.
You're welcome.

Thank you for sparing your time.

Bye byeeee.