two

"It's okay not to be okay."

"REID, WHAT was that?" Rossi asked,
Spencer snapping out his thoughts and pulling his gaze away from the window.

"Hm?" He asked.

"I saw you slip your card in her robe. You don't fool me, kid." The man snickered, shaking his head. "So, why'd you do it?"

"I don't know." Spencer said, chuckling with embarrassment. "She's someone who is carrying a lot. I just thought maybe she needs someone to talk to."

"And that person is you?"

"We'll see." He replied cheekily.

"She's an escort, Spence." JJ said.

"And?" Spencer shot back, surprised at his defensive tone. "I mean, she said that she became one after her parents passed away. I don't think she had a choice."

"It's her life. If you plan on helping her or whatever the reason, you can't change the woman if she doesn't want to be changed." Rossi said.

"I don't want to. I just want to help. But that's only if she even wants to call me." Spencer said.

"It also helps that you think she's pretty." JJ said from the backseat, making Spencer roll his eyes.

"And you don't?"

"Yeah, she's cute."

"Exactly my point. It doesn't matter if she's pretty or not. I think her kindness is more beautiful than anything else." Spencer stated factually.

"Oh boy. Here we go again..." Rossi mumbled.

/

Ivory stared at the business card, chewing on her bottom lip. She had been holding onto this thing for days, still unsure of whether or not calling the FBI agent was even a good idea—what would they even talk about?

Plus, Ivory wanted him to call her, not the other way around. Her calling him made it look like she was interested in him, and Ivory didn't really like giving that part of herself up.

"How's the job?" She asked, snapping out of her thoughts as she watched the man sitting across from her pull out a cigarette.

"Horrible. I've been drowning in paperwork, and my coworkers are all trying to throw me off balance." Ryan Hicks, one of her long-time clients mumbled, rubbing his face.

"Damn. You think they're trying to outdo you?"

"Always."

Ivory gave a half-scoff, raising her eyebrows. "You look a lot better than last week."

"Yeah? I found some new coping mechanisms." Ryan replied.

"Really? Like?" She asked.

He only smirked at the woman, shrugging. "Just a way to release my anger. It's no big deal."

Ivory furrowed her eyebrows, suddenly a little paranoid after the FBI agents' visit to her earlier in the day. "As long as you're not hurting yourself."

"Of course." Ryan replied, smiling at the woman. He stood up, making his way over to her seat as she put on a smile. "You know, you're the kindest woman I've ever met."