six

_____________
"attention seekers are just
lonelier people."
_____________

SPENCER WATCHED Ivory's blank and
unwavering expression as his hand landed on the side of her neck underneath her long hair and traveling down to her shoulder, brushing his thumb over the bone softly.

He knew he was falling too hard already. But Spencer couldn't help it—the woman sitting in front of him was irresistible, almost a compete and utter dream to him. Her beautiful emerald eyes that were impeccably sweet and soft; pure and innocent regardless of her true identity —it made his head spin with adoration, like he had been put under a spell.

Spencer wanted to kiss her—and he wanted to do it so badly. But the man was afraid; the paranoia of her rejection persisting in the back of his mind. Spencer knew for a fact that Ivory Arden was clearly out of his league, yet she made him feel so belonged and like he was worth it. Spencer hoped he wasn't doing too much, but he couldn't help it.

"You're beautiful, Ivy." He murmured softly, gazing at her.

Ivory's mouth formed a grin at the nickname. "Ivy. I like it." She said, her heart jumping at the compliment.

He chuckled, squeezing her shoulder softly before pulling his hand away, his fingertips still buzzing from her skin. Spencer sighed softly, laying his head back on the couch.

"You should sleep. I probably should go." Ivory said, her voice tinged with disappointment as she stood up.

"No—" Spencer whined, scrunching his face up and shaking his head.

Ivory grabbed the man's arm, groaning as she attempted to pull him up on his feet. "Come on, kid."

"I'm not a kid." He said stubbornly, finally getting on his feet.

"You absolutely are." She snickered, flicking him on the forehead.

Spencer smiled dumbly, watching her gather her things in her bag. Ivory made her way to the door, Spencer following closely behind.

"Let's do this again." She told him, spinning around.

He felt relief wash over his body; glad that this wasn't just a one time thing, and that she wanted to spend time with him as much as he did with her. "I would love that." Spencer replied.

"I have so many onesies, you better be prepared." Ivory told him boastfully, clicking her tongue.

"Are you trying to seduce me?" Spencer asked jokingly, making her scoff.

"Yup. Because giraffes and cows are incredibly sexy." She deadpanned.

"On you, I'll bet." He smirked.

Ivory's jaw dropped, a blush forming on her cheeks. "Love it when you flirt with me."

Spencer chuckled, opening his arms for her expectantly and raising his eyebrows smugly.

"Sorry? Don't understand you." She asked, feigning innocence as she cocked her head to the side.

"Stop it. Come here." He said, pulling her arm until her body collided with his. Ivory felt herself become encased with warmth all around, even beneath the layers of her skin. She felt every nerve and vein in her pulse matching the beat of her heartbeat, like they were attempting to break out of her skin to reach him.

Nothing felt better than this.

Ivory truly believed she could stay in his arms forever; she was swooned by his touch, how he softly gripped her waist with one arm, his other arm up to hold the back of her head in place with his hand. Spencer smiled with pure delight, feeling her lips curve into a smile against his neck. He couldn't believe how easy it was to feel the feelings he felt for Ivory Arden.