twenty two

WHEN IVORY woke up that morning,
Spencer was gone. She had lazily opened her eyes every five minutes or so to see if maybe, just maybe, he would just magically reappear and turned out to be laying beside her this whole time. But no, the empty spot next to her was apparent as ever, sheets crinkled up from the outline of his body. Ivory felt like she could almost cry, because she'd gotten to spend a whole day with him yesterday and it was the most fun she'd had in a while. And now that he was gone again...she really didn't know what to do.

She wished that he would've woken her up before he left. Actually, it kind of upset her that he hadn't—Spencer was going to be gone for probably another week and he didn't even bother giving her a goodbye kiss? Ivory was more than disappointed.

She missed him. Really badly. And it had been barely five minutes since she'd woken up.

Ivory didn't like to refer to herself as clingy or obsessive or anything like that. She liked privacy, she liked the thought of being in a relationship where you didn't have to depend on your partner so much. But...with Spencer, she realized that she was completely wrong about herself. He absolutely consumed her thoughts, and all Ivory wanted to do was be with Spencer. She just wanted to cuddle with him for eternity, feel his hands in her hair, kiss him all day long. Ugh.

She wasn't supposed to be feeling like this. Ivory, at age 30, truly thought that she was done with falling in love with men. After she started her escorting gig, she soon realized that she enjoyed having power over those men rather than following them around like a lost puppy.

But here she was, practically attached to Spencer's hip whenever he was around. Ivory had told him last night that she'd do anything for him...and it was more than true. She'd go lengths to please that man and it felt so good knowing that he'd do the same for her.

So as many doubts as Ivory has had about falling for Spencer Reid, she realized that she couldn't stop herself anymore. For once in her life, she just wanted someone for herself—she wanted someone to care for her, instead of the other way around. She didn't want to be lonely anymore.

Ivory liked where their relationship was headed, and she wasn't planning on stopping it anytime soon. She just couldn't.

But that led to another issue.

Being an escort...having to touch other men and do all the things that her and Spencer did with someone else...it all felt so wrong. Yesterday, she felt sick staring at her clients, stripping down in front of them. She felt guilty, telling them all these things that she only wanted to tell Spencer.

She didn't have any other choice though, but to just keep going on with life. It was going to be difficult to separate Spencer and her clients, but it had to be done if she wanted to keep her job, or Spencer in her life. Ivory didn't want to choose. Even though she'd quit her job in a heartbeat if Spencer asked her to, she knew he'd never want to do that to her. And it just made her love him more.

He deserved so much better than her. And as selfish as it was, Ivory just wanted to pretend like she deserved someone like him in her life. Anything for him to stay longer. She was so happy with him.

/

       SPENCER PRACTICALLY ran
to his hotel room that night, his face lighting up as he read Ivory'a text messages from earlier that day. He didn't have much time to respond to most of them because of the case, but she persistently texted him and seeing her cute photos just made him so happy. He'd been thinking about her all day, and was caught zoning out a few times by the others. Not like he cared, though—Spencer was sure Morgan and the rest were aware of why he looked so happy.