four

___________

"you can't judge someone
just because they don't fit society standards."
____________

"THOUGHT I'D just call you to make
sure you're doing alright." Spencer chuckled, sheepishly dropping his head and looking down at the cemented ground.

"Spencer, I'm doing fine. I'm not a damsel in distress." Ivory chuckled on the other end, making his heart go warm.

"I know you aren't, just wanted to call you. And hear...your voice." He said softly, palms sweaty as he bit his tongue, wondering if she would accept his flirting or not.

"Be still my heart." She breathed out on the other end, smiling like an idiot to her wall.

"That would be impossible." Spencer replied.

Ivory giggled on the other end softly. "What are you doing right now?"

"I'm actually in Las Vegas." He replied.

"Hm? I'm gonna assume you're not over there gambling away." She said.

"No, my team are on a case. I'm actually banned in three casinos here, anyways." Spencer said nonchalantly, wanting to impress the woman.

"Um...don't tell me you did something bad." Ivory said skeptically.

"No, it's because of my fast card-counting ability and how I can almost win every poker game out there." He boasted.

"Oh, so Spencer Reid is not only handsome, but he's some kind of genius now, too?" She asked flirtatiously, making him laugh.

"If you call an eidetic memory and an IQ of 187 genius, then I suppose..." Spencer said, trying to sound casual.

"Holy shit, doc." Ivory murmured on the other end, the man suddenly swelling with pride. "...you are totally making that up just to impress me, aren't you?"

"Making it up, no. Trying to impress you, yes." He said wittily.

Ivory chuckled with satisfaction at his answer. "Spencer Reid, are you flirting with me?"

"Always." Spencer responded cheekily, his heart warm. He saw Morgan out of the corner of his eye making kissy faces, rolling his eyes. "I gotta go, Ivory."

"Okay. Bye, cutie." She sang out before ending the call. Spencer tucked his phone in his pocket, failing to bite back a ridiculously large smile as he made his way to his coworker.

"Pretty boy, you're cheesing a lot for that person to be your electrician." Morgan said conspicuously, smirking at him.

Spencer rolled his eyes. "I dunno, my electrician's pretty cute."

"I didn't know Ivory was an electrician." The man mumbled nonchalantly to himself, making Spencer cough loudly out of nowhere.

"Excuse me?" He asked. "How'd you know?"

"You just confirmed it now, kid." He replied, shrugging. "I don't blame you, she's a whole five-course meal."

Spencer narrowed his eyes at the man, suddenly defensive. "Don't talk about her like she's some object. I'd rather refer to Ivory as a magnificent piece of surrealism, painted by the nimble hands of René Nargritte himself—"

"Reid, you're scary sometimes you know that?" Morgan asked him with a blank face.

"What? Why would I be scary?" Spencer said, furrowing his eyebrows.