seventeen

"YEAH, WE'LL be landing in exactly
one hour and fifty seven minutes, depending on the aptitude and magnitude of the airplane and any external factors such as weather and stuff." Spencer said to his phone, his dorky self slipping through the cracks. He clamped his mouth shut, facepalming after he realized how weird all of that probably just sounded to her. Spencer has been keeping that side of him to himself around Ivory, slightly worried that she was going to be freaked out by it all—although he doubted that she would.

Ivory laughed joyously on the other end, making his heart go warm. "Where did that come from? It was cute." She giggled, and Spencer immediately felt himself relax. She was so perfect. "So anyways...I have lots of things planned for you when you get home."

"Does it involve kissing me until my lips fall off? Even though that's physically impossible and the chances of us getting herpes are much higher—"

"Don't be disappointed, but no herpes this time. Just lots of movies, cuddling, junk food..." Ivory responded, attempting to not sound desperately eager regardless of how excited she was inside to see him. The case Spencer had gone on ended up lasting an entire week, and the woman basically had to dream of Spencer in order to get a hold of him.

"I'm looking forward to it." He told her softly, a smile gracing his features. "See you soon."

"Drink coffee..." Ivory sang out, and he laughed, ending the call.

Spencer sauntered back to his seat, the woman taking over his mind for about thirty minutes before it began to become plagued with thoughts of case from this week. He didn't normally let the things he saw get to him—Spencer had be desensitized from it all a long time ago. But that didn't mean that it still didn't get to him at times; it was difficult to stay positive when everything around you just seemed evil.

He'd always had this anxiety lingering around when it came to everything; his work, family, friends, relationships—slowly, it just ruined the bonds he had with other people and Spencer ended up pushing away the ones he loved. There were times when Spencer just felt scared. Frozen in the middle of the night, trembling under the sheets—and on top of that, his fear of the dark didn't do any good for him either. It was so difficult to not see everything not as dark and scary.

Finally though, after what had felt like an eternity instead of just two hours, the BAU jet landed. Spencer eagerly stepped down the steps, attempting not to just fully throw himself off of the plane and run into Ivory's arms already. He couldn't wait to hold her, kiss her, smell her hair while they cuddled—he'd missed her so much while on the case.

At last Spencer exited the main floor, the cold D.C. breeze hitting his face, making him feel ten times more excited. He spotted a car parked right in front of the building, obnoxiously blocking every possible walkway inside. Spencer couldn't help but laugh at how it was such an Ivory thing to do—just to be smack dab in the center as if it was some kind of stage and she was the star.

Slowly, the window of her white BMW rolled down, revealing Ivory sitting inside with a cute pair of black catty-sunglasses settled on her face. She dipped her head down, tilting the glasses down her nose-bridge and eyeing Spencer with a smug and playful expression. Spencer felt his heart soar, a blush already making its way to his cheeks.

"Get in, loser."

Spencer laughed with joy, eagerly bolting to the car, not even caring about the whispers and chuckles coming from his team back at the entrance. The man slid into the passenger's seat, sheepishly staring at her in awe. She looked so cute, with her hair half up, pink lip-gloss on her lips.