sixteen

SPENCER WALKED to work that morning with an idiotic smile on his face. And of course, the team sensed it immediately—it was always easy for them to know when something was making Spencer happy, in comparison to him just having a good day. Usually, when he was happy about something, he would doze off mid-conversation into his mind full of thoughts—and the answer was always written all over his face. And today, the answer was love.

"So...who was that lady on the phone?" Garcia whispered to Spencer, making him jump slightly as he snapped out of his thoughts and turned to her with an confused expression.

"Hm?" Spencer asked lazily, looking up from his brewing coffee and yawning casually, rubbing his face.

"Oh mister, don't hm me. You've got this—look on your face."

He chuckled, merely shrugging nonchalantly ans turning his gaze to the cupboards at his eye-level. Spencer couldn't help but smile. "Don't know what you're talking about." Spencer said, although the look on his face said otherwise.

"Yes you do. Earth to Spencer—hello?" The blonde waved a hand in front of the man, making him roll his eyes in annoyance. Garcia saw Prentiss walk past her, her arm shooting out to yank the woman back. "Look at him. Does he look okay?" Penelope asked her.

Prentiss squinted, craning her neck forwards to examine Reid as he stared back at them with a now blank expression. "He looks fine. Blushing."

"That's exactly what I mean! He looks drunk!"

"Drunk?" Spencer asked, his face scrunching up, in defense. "I'm not drunk, I'm fine."

"Sounds like something a drunk person would say." Prentiss rolled her eyes.

"We've known each other for what? Seven years? The least you could do is to tell me when there's a new lady in your life." Garcia huffed snobbish-ily, narrowing her eyes at him.

"A lady?" Prentiss asked in a hushed voice.

"You're nosy, Penelope." Spencer said, scrunching his nose up. He sighed, dropping his arms to his sides, wearing a slightly proud expression. "Yeah, I've met someone."

"Really???" Prentiss asked loudly, her face showing shock.

"What do you mean 'really'???" He shot her a look. Spencer straightened his back, haughtily looking at them. "I can get girls too."

"We know, but you never want to." Garcia deadpanned. "Sooo name? So I can run a quick background check—"

"You can't just run a background check on her!" Spencer immediately exclaimed, shaking his head.

"You haven't even given me her name, Reid. You're fine."

"Well I'm not telling you." He said stubbornly, walking away.

"Uh, yes you are." Garcia said, pulling his arm back harshly.

Prentiss crossed her arms, glaring at him. The two women slowly backed Spencer into a corner with devilish grins on their faces. "Name, now."

Spencer sighed exasperatedly. "Is this really necessary?" He whined.

"Want me to bring Morgan over here?" Garcia asked him.

"No!" He almost yelled, then sighed, rolling his eyes. "You guys are just gonna tell him anyways."

"Come on Reid, would we really do that?" Prentiss asked, raising an eyebrow and looking at him with a fake pout.