eleven

"YOU NEVER cease to impress me,
Spencer." Ivory chuckled as the two walked down the sidewalk side by side.

"I also can read approximately 8,973 words per minute backwards, and 15,827 upside down." Spencer boasted, casually shoving his hands in his pockets as he cheekily eyed her for a reaction.

"You're lying." Ivory accused, her mouth agape as Spencer swelled with pride. She grinned with adoration—the boy was obviously trying to impress her, and Ivory loved it more than anything else seeing him beam whenever she complimented him.

"Nope." Spencer said, pursing his lips together before leaning down to her ear. "I can show you sometime when we're alone." He whispered, his voice playfully seductive. Ivory flushed, letting out a chuckle.

"Stop that." She whined, scoffing and feigning shyness as she pushed his face away with her hand. Ivory looked up at his face, melting at how flushed from the cold Spencer was. "We're still staying at the hotel?" She asked, a spark of excitement going through her.

"Why wouldn't we?" He asked her, raising an eyebrow.

Ivory blushed, shrugging casually. "I-I don't know. What would we do?" The woman mentally slapped herself for stuttering—she obviously wasn't being all too discreet about her excitement.

Spencer smirked down at her, an eyebrow raised as Ivory felt her legs go completely weak. "I think you know." He murmured softly.

"No. I don't." She replied, gulping hard when her mind was suddenly clouded with inappropriate thoughts—and oh god the things she'd do to him. Stop it. Control yourself.

"We are...going to play Game of Life until I finally beat you!" Spencer cheered excitedly, snickering at Ivory's face that had gone completely blank at his answer. He laughed loudly as she elbowed him in annoyance, rolling her eyes sassily. Spencer chuckled at her reaction, sneakily throwing his arm around her shoulders and pulling her closer.

Ivory's face went hot at their bodied pressed together and his sudden confidence. She could now smell his cologne once again, the scent making her go light-headed. "You know, we're going to be up all night then." She sang in a sultry tone, fluttering her eyelashes at him with a smirk. "I always win."

Spencer flushed pink, reaching up and ruffling her hair with a joyful grin. "Doesn't sound like a lose to me."

"We'll see about that." Ivory laughed, glancing up at the boy. Her heart melted, seeing the genuine happiness written on his face—he actually wanted to be here with her, and nothing surprised Ivory more.

"Thank you, Spencer." She said, somehow still feeling guilty nonetheless.

"There's nothing to thank me for." He told her with a smile. "I said some things I really shouldn't have that day."

"So did I, Spencer." She laughed, shaking her head. "Not to mention I ignored all your visits and phone calls...and I'm so sorry for that. You've done a lot for me, and I shouldn't have reacted that way." Ivory asked, gazing into his big hazel eyes. "You know, it's really nice having someone to finally talk to."

"I feel the same. And I forgive you." Spencer said, dropping his head and chuckling. "I just...I should stop being so controlling over everything. I get worried, and then when I get worried I feel the need to fix it right away. But...I shouldn't have done that to you. It's your life, and I shouldn't tell you what to do with it." He explained to her, eyes full of nothing but kindness.

Ivory smiled at him softly, nodding. "You know, I'm actually really glad that you're worried, even though I got angry. It's just—I don't know if I'm ready for change. It's really hard to explain why, but—"