twenty five

SPENCER WOKE up first, immediately
being greeted by a heavy weight on his body. He let out a soft and confused groan, almost shoving the thing on top of him off; but Spencer opened his eyes, only seeing Ivory's peaceful face right in front of his. She was fast asleep, her face (along with half of her body) laid on top of him. The man let out a sigh of defeat, wrapping his arms around her waist and letting her stay where she was. He didn't have the heart to push her off.

He almost always woke up with her clinging onto him for dear life. Part of it made Spencer wonder if Ivory was afraid of him leaving her—which made him really sad. On case days he always felt bad for soundlessly slipping away to work while she was fast asleep. He never wanted to wake her up when she looked so happy asleep.

And the woman literally woke up at noon everyday, for godsakes. And she was grumpy without her sleep, so it was a lose-lose situation for Spencer anyways.

But right now, Spencer didn't have to leave so he laid there, taking in everything about the woman with him. He took in her long eyelashes, which were longer because they were extensions, along with her neatly plucked eyebrows. Ivory cared a lot about her looks, but Spencer knew that she'd look pretty without the extra stuff. She was pretty because she was kind and caring.

He leaned in, pressing a delicate kiss to her forehead. "Beautiful." Spencer whispered softly, smiling softly at her.

Ivory shifted at the sound of his voice, slowly opening an eye lazily. "Handsome." She said sluggishly, kissing him on the chest before pressing her cheek against it once more, falling back asleep.

Except, her hand shot out in the next couple of minutes, reaching up for his hair. Spencer rolled his eyes when she ran her fingers through it with a smirk. Ivory loved touching his hair.

Spencer kissed the top of her head and let the woman rest. Another hour of her sleeping on top of him passed before she finally woke up,
obnoxiously and loudly yawning as she did so.

"How graceful." He snickered, running his hand through her hair as she lifted her head, blinking at him lazily. Ivory's lips stretched into a smile and she chuckled stupidly, hilariously trying to force her eyes open.

"Hi." She mumbled, plopping back down on his chest.

"Morning." Spencer said, rubbing her back now. "You've been crushing me for the past hour."

"Hey, I'm not that heavy." Ivory grumbled, ungracefully rolling off of the man before snuggling against his side again. Spencer laughed when she threw her leg over his to trap him in.

"You're such a cuddle bug." Spencer mumbled, staring down at her with adoration. "I don't think you left my side a single time last night."

"Because I didn't." She mumbled, "too comfy."

Spencer chuckled, nuzzling against her hair and kissing the top of her head. "How are you feeling?"

"Tired."

"Other than that, stupid." Spencer deadpanned.

"Fine." Ivory grumbled back, "...sad. Annoyed. Confused."

He nodded with understanding. "I'm really happy you talked to me last night. I don't want you to go through this alone."

"I don't want to either." She muttered back, "I have you. I trust you."

"I'm glad." Spencer smiled.

"I'm so lucky to have you as my boyfriend," Ivory muttered, nuzzling deeper into his chest.

"I almost forgot about that." He teased, kissing her forehead. "I can't believe I get to call you my girlfriend now."

"It's time I finally claimed what's mine." She sighed, reaching up once more to tangle her hands in his hair.