twelve

IVORY AND Spencer's dinner was full of flirty banter and those casual touches that only brought the two closer. It was perfect, in their opinion, everything was perfect in that moment they were sharing together, involving no one else or any of their personal problems. They found escape from their lives in the other, as if time didn't even exist.

Ivory and Spencer were both thinking the same thing as they stared into the other's bright eyes that radiated with happiness that they normally wouldn't see in themselves. This was merely a little too good, a little too perfect to be real.

And that they wanted it to be this way forever.

"Truthfully Ivory, this has been one of the best dinners of my life." Spencer said bashfully, grabbing the woman's soft hand from across the table. He smiled, dropping his head and suddenly focusing on her small hands, finding himself beginning to blush.

"Even though you found someone's hair in your tomato soup?" Ivory teased, her heart going warm at his shyness.

"Mhm." He replied childishly, grinning as he played with her rings. "These look expensive. If I could estimate, 24 karat gold because of the smoothness of it."

"Correct." Ivory said with a soft smile. "My parents' wedding rings."

This only made Spencer smile more, rubbing his thumb over the gold rings. Ivory grinned when he pulled away, his face bright and pure under the lights.

"Let's get outta here, shall we?" Ivory asked him, and he nodded eagerly.

"Let's." Spencer said, linking their arms.

The two walked out silently, Ivory being greeted by the harsh winter air once again. She let out a shuddery breath, pressing her body closer to Spencer's in attempt to feel a little warmer. It was strange to her; she rarely ever got cold, but here she was.

"Are you cold?" He asked her, and suddenly there was an arm wrapped around her waist.

Ivory shook her head. "Nah." She replied nonchalantly with a shrug.

"You liar. From here I can hear your teeth chatter and feel the goosebumps on your skin." Spencer said, softly touching her arm as she madly blushed.

"Maybe you just give me goosebumps." She said flirtatiously, and he grinned, rolling his eyes.

"I'd like to think so." Spencer said, taking off his blazer. Ivory watched him fling it over her shoulders with a sweet smile; her heart melted into a puddle. It was purely romantic and just so lovely—she couldn't help but wonder where this man has been all of her life.

"Gosh Spencer, my heart." She groaned, chuckling as he pulled her in again. "You are too sweet to me."

Spencer let out a breathy laugh, cherishing the woman nuzzling closely into his body. His heart raced with so much adrenaline; she was so close to him, he could hear her calm breaths and feel the warmth radiating off her body. It was heaven.

The two walked in silence, listening to the sounds of the others soft breaths and the busy city across the street. Spencer thought about the time he had spent with Ivory—how every moment was never dull and always exciting to him. She never ceased to impress the man; he had already felt so close to her regardless of the lack of time they've spent with the other. Spencer felt like he had known this woman for years, when it had actually only been approximately a week they've spent together.

"If I could go back, I wouldn't have changed a thing." Ivory suddenly said, her soft voice interrupting his thoughts. "Except for that waitress." She added with a shrug.