twenty four

"I LOVE you more, Ivy." Spencer murmured back to the crying girl, pressing a kiss to the top of her head.

Immediately, Ivory began to sob loudly again, which made him chuckle softly.

"That's—impossible—" Ivory hiccuped in a small voice. "I love you so much that it's not even measurable." She said, obnoxiously sobbing into his shirt. "I don't deserve you. And I'm sorry, Spence. I'm so sorry for those nights I left you alone to worry. I know you hate it—I know you told yourself you couldn't do anything about it. I-I love you for that. But I'm-I'm so sorry." Her words came out in choppy sentences, interrupted by her sobbing and hiccuping. Spencer had to concentrate in order to hear the woman.

"I forgive you." He replied softly, holding the side of her face and running his thumb up and down her cheek to wipe away her tears. Ivory's face contorted with even more sadness at the man's kindness. "I'm okay. All I wanted was for you to be safe. All I wanted was to make sure you weren't hurting—I didn't care whether or not you were an escort, Ivy. I love you no matter what. I would've continued to love you even if you continued doing it." Spencer said. "Im so happy with you. I'm not kidding when I say I've never felt this in my entire life."

"M-me too. I'm so happy—with you, and I'm so scared—of losing you. I'm so sorry for hurting you, Spencer. I'm so sorry." She said in a weak voice, her sobs eventually subsiding and being replaced with shuddery breaths.

"It's okay, baby. I forgive you. I'm here. I'll always be here." He whispered softly.

They were silent for a while, Spencer continuing to run his hand up and down her back because he knew it calmed her down; it did, and soon enough the bathroom of Ivory's home was filled with nothing but the sound of light breathing.

Ivory finally lifted her head from his chest slowly, smoothing out the wet fabric of Spencer's jacket. "Your suit." She said guiltily.

"I got it from Costco for 50% off. And it's just water. Unless I want to keep your tears on my shirt as a souvenir, I can just wash it." Spencer said. Ivory let out a nasally laugh—it was genuine and Spencer stopped to stare at her.

He loved her smile. It lit up his world, and made it so much easier for him to breathe. Spencer loved seeing her gorgeous emerald eyes light up and crinkle at the edges; it hinted that the smile was genuine. She was the most beautiful person he'd ever seen.

Spencer reached over, grabbing both sides of the woman's face and leaning in closer, resting his forehead against hers as they stared into the others eyes. Spencer almost cried; he was so happy, he was so glad that he was able to be with her. She was like a dream to him.

"I love you." Spencer murmured, connecting their lips. He felt her dry and cracked ones against his—but they soon became soft with his tongue running over each and every nook and cranny. Spencer loved feeling her lips, she loved how good she was at kissing.

There's something about a kiss after saying "I love you" that made it ten times more beautiful. Spencer didn't need her to say it back, because her words seeped through her lips, traveling on the tip of her tongue which crashed into his.

When they parted, smiles were present on both their faces. They were thinking the same thing: nothing felt better than this.

"Let's get out of here, pretty girl." Spencer whispered softly. "I don't want you to catch a cold."

Ivory nodded and moved away Spencer immediately being hit with the cold air on her damp body. Spencer stood up, stepping out of the bathtub and clumsily slipping, catching himself on the counter before he toppled over. Ivory let out a joyful laugh at the silly man, watching as he extended a hand out to her.