Through Her Eyes

Arthur keeps running into the neighbor that lives right across his apartment. They always share a smoke and a few laughs. He knows that her occupation has to do with performing.. but it dawned on him what she really meant.☆

Warning- mature content!

-----------

Arthur blew a puff of smoke from his lips on a cold, crisp evening. He eyes his two coworkers beside him, just outside of HaHa's entertainment. Their shifts were up and they took a moment to relax before heading home.

Randall and Gary were talking some sort of nonsense that Arthur didn't pay enough attention to care. They were most likely talking about what they would be doing with the rest of their evenings. Randall joked about he would be getting it on with Arthur's mother, trying to get some sort of reaction from the thirty-six year old loner. Gary nudged Randall and told him to knock it off.

"Oi, Arthur. You day dreaming over there?" Randall called out. Arthur took another drag of his cigarette before glancing away from the two. Her could hear the familiar sound of heels clicking against the cement. He caught sight of her just a few feet from where he stood. She was wearing a short coat that came to just above her knee, hiding whatever she wore underneath.

It was around this time she always walked by HaHa's, just as Arthur got off of work. Arthur didn't know where she worked but he was interested in what job made her wear so little.

"Well hello, baby!" Randall whistled as she walked by. "What I'd give to see what's underneath that coat."

"Knock it off, Randall." Arthur muttered, his eyes trailing up her bare legs. He knew she has to be cold in this weather.

Every evening she would walk by their work and ever evening Randall would have a new catcall for her. Arthur and Gary would always tell him to shut it down. Reminding him that _____ wouldn't be caught dead with him.

"Getting a little jealous, Arthur?" Randall asked, chuckling to himself. He always thought he was so funny, pushing Arthur's buttons and such.

_____ rolled her eyes at Randall and scoffed. She hated that he picked on Arthur and that Arthur did nothing to stand up to him. She made eye contact with Arthur as she walked by, smirking and giving him a wink. Flustered, Arthur's gaze fell to the ground and his hands shook.

_____ was his neighbor. She lived in the apartment right across from him. Occasionally when his mother asked him to smoke outside he'd stand just outside of the door way and light a cigarette. If he was lucky, he'd run into ____. She normally exited her apartment with another man. He'd part ways and leave her in the hallway with Arthur.

They would exchange little words at first, simply sharing a smoke in the silence. Then she'd normally strike up a conversation. She'd ask if he got a hair cut. He would tell her no but that he needed one. She'd laugh and tell him that she like how long it way. As she said last time, 'Gives me something to pull on'. Arthur would then grow very flustered, no knowledge on how to respond.

Arthur would deny that he started crushing on the woman across his apartment and that he was jealous of the different men she brought home with her. It was different man each time, rarely did he see the same guy. Still, he felt the pit of his stomach flip every time a man walked in and out of her apartment. He wasn't stupid and knew why the guy was there. Funny how all these men got to share their evenings with this beautiful woman, and he could barely say hello to her without nearly falling into a fit of laughter.

"Alright, I'm headed home.." Arthur stomped out his cigarette and out his hands in his pockets.

"We'll see you tomorrow then?" Gary asked. Arthur nodded, keeping his head down. "Be safe Arthur.."