One Of The Good Guys

☆Arthur has a witness to the three murders at the subway. Luckily for him, she just so happens to have a burning hatred for the rich as well☆

-----

Arthur lowered the gun after the realization hit him like kids in a dark alleyway.

Shit, what did he just do?

The ringing in his ears cause him to blink. And just like that, the ringing stopped. Shit.

Shit. Shit. Shit.

"Well shit.." A voice chuckled in the silence. Arthur turned swiftly, the gun aimed at the mysterious voice.

It was a woman.

She was leaned up against the nasty walls of the subway station, a cigarette between her lips and her arms crossed to keep warm. Apperently the leather jacket she wore wasn't enough.

"Oh you can put that away, hun." She scoffed, standing straight up. "I counted your shots. You have none left." She began walking towards him, her fingers wrapping around her cigarette as the cool smoke lingered around her breath. "You could hit me with the butt of the gun, but I know you won't." She circled Arthur for a moment before standing next to him and looking down at the lifeless body of the Wall Street asshole. "This is your first time using a gun, isn't it?" She glanced at the clown beside her. He nodded. "Thought so.." She looked around to see if anyone was around. Thankfully, there wasn't. She kneeled beside the body and fished inside his pockets. A wallet, a pack of cigarettes and a few quarters. She stashed them in her pocket and turned to Arthur. "Come on." She nudged him, gesturing for him to follow her. He looked at her both confused and dumbfounded.

A witness to murder, but she helping him out?

She started walking towards the train tracks, stopping at the edge and turning back to see that he didn't follow.

"It's okay, babe.." She smirked. "I'm one of the good guys." She hopped down onto the tracks, causing Arthur to look back at the body that layed on the stairs before he grabbed his bag and started heading towards the tracks.

What was he getting himself into now?

He carefully jumped down, greeted by the same woman. She waited for him to get to his feet before continuing her walk.

"You'll want to hurry before the next train comes by.." She warned, flicking her cigarette against the wall. Arthur hurried his pace, soon catching up to walk by her side. Arthur wasn't too sure if it was a good idea to follow her. But what choice did he have? She witnessed him shoot three men, she could have ran to the police. Yet she didn't.

The woman turned towards a door that was on the side of the subway, opening it and motioning for Arthur to follow. Like a lost puppy, he followed. The space behind the door was cramp. Arthur squeezed by her as she closed the door. She looked back at him and winked.

She squeezed by Arthur, her body pressed against his. She started walking down the long maze like hallway. Arthur looked at his bag and tossed it to the side, ditching it. There was no need for it anyway. He followed the strange woman until they got to the sewers of Gotham. Arthur covered his possibly broken nose with his sleeve.

God, the smell.

It didn't seem to bother the woman though, she just kept on walking, hands in her pockets and a skip to her step. Arthur wanted to say something, but honestly what would he say to her?

Hi, my name is Arthur Fleck! I'm a thirty-six year old party clown.. well not anymore! I've been having a rough day and those guys didn't make it any better!