Hell In The Hallways

☆There's a new student at Gotham High School. She appears to be quite popular but that doesn't mean she's as stuck up as the rest of them. Thankfully, she has a kind heart☆

----

There was talk going around that there was a new girl in Gotham High School. Apparently she she was being transferred from a private school. Fancy. Why was she coming to a public school? There was clearly some mysteries about the girl that a lot of the students were dying to figure out. Arthur Fleck was one of the few who could care less about a new girl. If she was coming from a private school, that meant she was going to be just like the assholes and sluts that made his every day a living hell. Perfect. 

Arthur first caught sight of her during lunch. He sat alone as usual and people watched to waste time. He didn't care to risk eating any of the school's food. Shit, he didn't even trust his mother's cooking. Arthur usually wrote in a journal while gazing up from time to time. Either day dreaming or watching the many fights that broke out. That was Gotham High School for ya. Arthur was careful to avoid any fights, like he needed to get his ass handed to him more than he already did. Everyone always loved picking on the mentally ill kid. Arthur was an easy target because of his neurological condition. Arthur figured they wouldn't feel as bad if they heard him laughing every time they tormented him. Go figure. 

Arthur noticed her walking along side her new friends, a tray in hand and a sway in her step. She was laughing along side the popular stuck up whore of the school. Just as he expected. One would always have to blend in with those bitches if they didn't want to end up like him and many others. He imagined that she was the most popular at her last school, which made her that bitch  here. He wouldn't be surprised if she was reined as The Queen Bee of Gotham High. That would make every single one of those below her slaves, including him. Perhaps she wouldn't even notice him and he could go on his merry way. 

But he couldn't keep his eyes off of her. Shit

She looked so perfect and he hated that. Of course she had to be perfect. Perfect hair. Perfect face. Perfect body. Ugh, even a perfect smile. Her makeup was always done so naturally beautiful, causing her skin to glow a healthy neutral hue. The clothes she wore fitted her just right, letting his eyes wander south a few times. He really shouldn't pay attention to her. Her smile was like a bright sunny morning, so welcoming and happy. Her hair bounced with each step, framing her face just right. Arthur imagined her hair smelled like fresh honeysuckle, what he'd give to find out. 

Okay, that's a little too weird.. 

Arthur shook his head and set his attention down in his journal. He had to shake her from his mind. She was going to be another stuck up bitch that would laugh at him as he walked past her. He didn't need another bully and he certainly didn't need to start crushing on her. He couldn't handle another reject. 

"Heads Up, Artie!" Arthur looked up for a split second, immediately regretting his decision as he received a football to the back of his head, causing him to jerk forward and bust his nose on the lunch table. "Awe, Artikines! That's not how you catch a foot ball, dummy!" 

Ah yes. Brock and Brahm. Identical twins,-- identical douchbags. 

They sat on each side of him, patting his back roughly and sharing a laugh. Arthur covered his nose when he felt the familiar warm liquid run down his lip. Not again. Arthur's gaze looked up and froze. 

Fuck, she was looking at him. Right at him.     

Her entire girl squad was laughing at him. She seemed to be less than enthusiastic at his pain. She was staring at him, a nervous smile as she laughed.