Little Dove

☆Joker is at Gotham General Hospital to see beloved Harvey Dent and possibly stir the boiling pot. He didn't think he'd caught up by one of the nurses.☆

-----

The shift was slow as usual. Hours dragged by like they were never ending. A few visitors came in and out of the hospital but other than that, there didn't seem to be much to do. Being a nurse had its ups and downs. Today just seemed to be one of those days.

_____ walked away from the front desk, realizing that she could check on some of the patients in order to help time roll by before her shift was taken over. Only a few more hours, by then she would lose her mind in this place.

Gotham was a mess. Word got out about the bank robbery, clowns crashing Harvey Dent's party, not to mention the tragic death of his girlfriend. Poor woman. She wasn't suppose to be involved in all this madness. It was a shame that she got tied in and pay the price. Now Hervy Dent lays in one of their hospital rooms, half of his face morbidly disfigured because of terrible incident.

It was a damn shame.

_____ couldn't imagine Harvey must have felt to have to listen to Rachel die. To hopelessly burn while she was dying. It must of bee the worst thing that could have happened to him. And now here he was, strapped to a bed like he was an animal.

It was unfair.

-----

______ made her rounds around the hospital,checking on a few patients and tending to their needs. It seemed to waste enough time for her to start making her way back to the front desk. In about an hour her replacement would come in. Then she would be able to go home and relax for the rest of the day before she had to get up early and come right back again.

As she passed by one of the rooms, she thought she could hear mumbling. Like someone was arguing with themselves. The voice sounded like a groan, rasped even. _____ found herself walking into the room. It looked to be empty, there were no patients resigning in this room. That when noticed the curtain that separated the bed, she could see a figure behind it.

"Excuse me." She called, walking slowly towards the curtain. "Do you have permission to be in here?" She pulled the curtain back. The figure seemed to finally notice her presence, pulling them from their thoughts.

It was a nurse. Auburn hair and a surgical mask. However their eyes were darkened, ringed in black. Their appearance frightened _____, causing her to take a step back. She didn't recognize this nurse.

The nurse reached and pulled the mask off, revealing the dark red smudged smile, lips puffed into a smile due to the scars on their cheeks. Ah, it all made sense now.

The Joker.

_____ turned to run to the door however Joker was hot on her tail, reaching the door before her and closing it, blocking her only escape.

"Ah, ah little birdie." He smirked at her, towering over her as he cornered her against the wall, extending a hand out to keep her in place. "What a beautiful little dove you are." He leaned. "But try to run and I'll have to uh, clip your wings." His breath was hot on her cheeks. _____ turned her head away so that she didn't make contacts with him.

"Please don't.." She was pressed up against him, his face dangerously close. "I'll do whatever you want, please don't hurt me.." She pleaded, her voice hush as she felt like she could crumble at any moment. Joker chuckled, reaching up and letting his fingers graze her face.

Such a beautiful face.

"Be careful what you offer. I may be a deranged man.. but I am a man nevertheless.." Joker leaned closer, inhaling her scent. Lavender? No, maybe chamomile.. "I have desires.. needs.." His eyes trailed down her frame.