Benjamin

☆Arthur is out grocery shopping when he notices a little boy is tugging at his hand and whining for him to pick him up. Little does Arthur know that his mother is frantically looking for her lost son☆

----

Arthur picked up a shopping basket and headed towards the nearest aisle. He figured he buy a few groceries on his day off. He needed to stretch his legs for a bit. Sitting in the apartment alone would drive him crazy.

Ever since his mother was institutionalized he's been living in comete isolation. He never left the house unless it was for work or groceries. No friends. No mother to come home to. Arthur felt completely alone.

And he was sick of it.

Arthur threw in a couple of soup cans and crackers in the basket. He really didn't need much. Sometimes he wondered why he never bothered eating.

Maybe he stayed a live so his mother had something to come home to.

Or maybe he was waiting for something to happen. To meet someone that would flip his world upside down.

"Excuse me? Excuse me sir!" A panicked voice brought Arthur back to reality. He glanced over and noticed a young woman rushing towards him.

Woah.

Arthur looked around to make sure she was talking to him. They were the only ones in the aisle. She had to be talking to him.

"I'm sorry to bother but have you seen a little bit at all? He's about this high," She brought her hand to her knee. Ah, so a small child. Possibly a toddler. "he's wearing red overalls, a blue shirt underneath, my hair color.. he's uh.. uh.." The young woman seemed to be rambling on the description of her kid. "I turned away for a split second and he was gone! I-I don't know where he is." She was nearly in tears.

Arthur shook his head.

"I-I haven't seen him.." He felt bad that he couldn't help her. For a mother, she seemed rather young. Arthur wished he could stop her tears. "But I'll keep an eye out for him." He assured her. She nodded.

"T-Thank you. If you find him, his name is Benjamin." And with that she was off hurrying to the next aisle.

Arthur watched her run off. Dissapointed to watch her go. He couldn't remember the last time he had talked to someone. Even if it was under stressing circumstances, she talked to him.

Arthur walked to the dairy section, choosing out a small thing of milk. Arthur stood there for a moment.

He hoped she found her son. Gotham wasn't a safe place. He hated to think that the child was snagged by some predator.

Arthur, once again, was pulled from his thoughts when he felt something pulling at his hand. He looked down to see a child holding onto his hand and shaking it to get his attention.

"Up!" The child ordered, reaching out to Arthur.

Red overalls with a blue shirt underneath. Same hair color has the woman he just ran into. This had to be Benjamin.

"Well, hello.." Arthur kneeled down to the child's height. He always had a soft spot for children. They were too innocent for this cruel world. "I think your mother is looking for you."

"Up!" The child repeated. Arthur looked around. He didn't see the woman anywhere near by. He would have to find her. Arthur sighed and picked up the child.

"Let's go find your mother, she's worried sick about you." He gripped the shopping basket in one hand and the child in his other arm. Benjamin held onto his jacket and stared at him, seemingly studying his features.