Stuck With Me

☆Joker can't deny it himself anymore. He's in love and he absolutely loathes it. What gives her the right to be so perfect, huh?☆

-------

"Shit.."

Joker sighed to himself, his tongue licking the corner of his rugged lips.

"Shit. Shit. Shit."

His mossy green hair hung loosely in front of his pale, greased face. His ebony eyes frantically gazing in every direction.

What was wrong with him?

Did he really...? Shit.

He groaned and ran a gloved hand through his greasy hair. He was around her way too much for him to start feeling this way towards her. He should stop seeing her. Yeah. Call it off before it was too late.

Ah. But it already was too late. And here he was, realizing it for the first time.

He was in love with her.

"No, no.. I am not in love.." He basically gagged when saying it.

Oh, but he was. Unconditionally in love.

"Shut up.." He shook his head, fighting his subconscious. He didn't need this right now. He didn't have time for this. He didn't have time for love. He was The Joker. For all everyone knew, he didn't have a heart.

Not anymore. Because now it belonged to her.

He had to do something about this. He couldn't let this get to him. He needed to put a stop to this.

And he knew exactly how he was going to do it.

-----

She stirred from her slumber, lashes feathering as she blinked her eye. She was slowly starting to catch her vision again. She noticed her body felt trapped. She gazed over to her arm as she realized it was tied down. Confused, she tried pulling it out of the tight restraints. No use. She tried the other arm. Nothing. She slowly started to panic, her breath quickening.

Where was she? Why was she here?

"Calm down, bunny.."

She looked up to meet those black eyes. Her breath was caught in her throat when she spotted him just a few feet from her, sitting in a chair across from hers. He looked more haggard that usual. Like he gotten into a fight.

She didn't know it was himself that did this.

"Wh-What's going on? Why am I tied down?" She asked him.

Did he do this to her?

Joker tapped his foot slightly. For the first time, he felt a bit nervous.

"You see, my dear.." He stood up, his let his coat slid off his shoulders and onto the chair. "I have come to the realization that uh.. well I can't continously let your live anymore.." He looked down at her, seeing the panic return in her eyes. "Don't look at me like that.. you did this to yourself.." His tongue smoothed over his lips as he gripped the knife from his pocket, letting the fluorescent lights of the warehouse gleam onto the blade. The love of his life shook her head, waiting, hoping that he would laugh and simply say just kidding. He didn't.

"You can't mean to kill me." Her voice cracked, the tears welling in the ducts. Joker furrowed his brow at the sight of those tears. He was finding it hard to keep a grip on the knife.

Why did love make him feel so weak?

"I do.."

"W-What have I done? Why!"