Bun In The Oven

Joker and his wife have been through thick and thin. Now that they're expecting... they're not so sure what to expect.

-----

"Get on your knees, people! We ain't got all day!"

______ had the people at gunpoint. They obeyed and dropped to their knees while Joker walked past her, playing with her hair as he did so.

"I love it when you take the reins, buttercup." He waltz his way back behind the counter. "How about we make this easy and empty out then the registers neatly and quickly as possible."

_____ and his goonies stood around the bank, all aimed at each individual worker. Some of the goonies held out bags to the people so they could give up the cash. Meanwhile, Joker was having the time of his life dancing on the desks. ______ could swear she could hear the music in his head.

"Please don't us, we have families! Children!"

"My wife is expecting! Please, I can't leave her!"

"Funny you say that." Joker chuckled, tapping his foot against the desk rapidly. "My wife and I have our own little bun in the oven!" Joker looked back his wife. "Isn't that right, honey?"

______ smirked, nodding while her aim kept still. If even one of them tried something funny she'd pull that trigger. Joker watched as the workers opened their registers, then his goonies started shashing the money. So far, everything was going well.

Joker made his way back over to his wife. He always admired how fearless she was when it came to his passions. Married for a few years now, he never would have guessed that this is where they would be today.

-----
"What does it say?"

Arthur stood by the bathroom door, his foot anxiously tapping on the ground. He heard his wife sigh in frustration.

"Negagtive.." She stormed out of the bathroom. Arthur let her pass by, knowing she needed some time.

They had been trying for a baby for a while now. Months. What was wrong? Was it him? Was it her?

Arthur ran a hand through his hair. He wished he could figure out what was wrong.

"_____.." He walked up behind her and rested a hand on her back. "It'll happen when the time is right.."

"And when is that? Tomorrow? Next month? Next year? I can't keep waiting.. I see couples with babies and I want that!"

"I know. I know." Arthur tried calming her, bringing her closer. "I want nothing more than to start a family with you." He rested his head against hers. "It'll happen.. we just need to be patient.."

----

Joker and _____ jumped into the car and sped off before the cops could even arrive. Joker was laughing, his gun twirling in his hand. He felt so alive. He looked at at his wife who drove the car. She was focused but smiling.

"I love you." Joker stated, practically staring at her in awe of her beauty. "Did you try a new skin care routine? You're positively glowing!" He questioned, settling down in his seat. _____ chuckled.

"Actually yeah. It's called 'you're gonna be a father'." She winked at him before directing her attention back to the road. Joker chuckled to himself before understanding what she meant.

Wow that's a weird name for a product..

Wait..

Joker's eyes widen, looking at his wife intently.

"You're pregnant?"

She gave him a knowing look.

Joker's smile spread wider.

"I'm Gonna Be A Father!" He yelled out the window of the speeding car. _____ chuckled at her husband's enthusiasm.

She loved it when he was happy.

-----

Joker was pulled from his memories when he heard the sound of a gun go off.

One of the workers had distracted their goonies as another stole one of their guns. They aimed the gun at _____.

As if on reflex, Joker jumped in front of his wife as the gun went off.

Bang!

Joker jolted back, his hand reaching up and putting pressure on his aching shoulder.

"Arthur!"

_____ pointed her weapon and shot several time at the man. All shots hit their target. Now that chaos had broken out, it was time to book it, money in the sacks or not.

They had plenty. _____ helped her husband to his feet and hurried him out of the bank. The goonies followed behind, shielding their leader from any more attempts.

_____ got Joker in the back of the car while one of his men took the wheel, speeding off without hesitation. She was making sure Joker was concious and his focus on her.

"Don't worry too much, Love." Joker chuckled, a bit pained but not as bad as he use to take it. "Remember, it's not good for the baby."

"I know, I know.." _____ took in a deep breath. "You were stupid to do that.. what if he was a better shot?"

"Thankfully he wasn't.." Joker studied the condition of his suit.

It was a good thing he wore red.

"Arthur if he had-"

"Darlin."

"If you were just-"

"Sweetie pie.."

"I couldn't imagine-"

"_____!" Joker rose his voice a bit, getting his wife to fall silent. "Baby, you should know better. Some bozo at the bank isn't going to take me away from you." He grabbed her and kissed her softly. When he pulled away he recieved a slap to the face. It wasn't hard, but it stirred his attention.

"Excuse you? I know you didn't raise you voice at me just then! I am your wife-"

Joker held his cheek and he eyes his two men that sat up front. They were both watching them in the back while his wife nagged on. They noticed Joker staring and immediately looked away, both smirking and chuckling.

They were not envious of him in this moment.

Joker sighed and pretended to listen to his wife as she babbled on about this and that.

What could he do? She was carrying his child currently.

Joker smirked and folded his arms behind his head, his wife's voice fading in the background as he started to hear his own music.

God he loved her...

He couldn't wait for the baby to arrive.