Taking The Blade For You

☆ After Iraq, Jack came back a different man. He was alive and was lucky enough to come home but he was left disfigured. Still.. he would do it all over again if it meant that she would not have bared the scars.☆

------

"Attention!"

The large line of soldiers stood straight, their backs stiff and their faces stern. They moved in sync by their captain's orders.

Expressionless.

Focused.

Ready to serve.

Jack Napier stood along side his brothers and sisters in combat, enduring the pains of war, watching people die, being the one to kill them.. it was life changing. People who were lucky to come back home were never the same.

Jack was among those lucky ones. However the bandages around his mouth would forever remind him of what he went through to be here today. Lucky indeed. He could be dead. He should be dead.

Jack's eyes glanced over to the woman beside him, who stood at attention like the rest of them. Even though he was suppose to keep a blank face, the bandages covered up the smirk on his lips.

All the pain he went through. All the torment and hopelessness he felt. He'd do it all over again for her. 

------

Soldiers were permitted to finally reunite with their friends and family. Jack looked around for his wife. Jeannie had to close by, the last he heard from her she said she would be here. She promised.

He hadn't heard from his wife since before he was captured. Even though it was months ago it seemed like yesturday since he received her letter. He was unfortunate to not be able to write back before they were ambushed and his squadron was captured. He coukd only imagine she was worried sick about him.

"Napier."

Jack turned when he heard his name, noticing a familar figure walking towards him. She had a slight limp in her step, one that said that she was still healing.

______. The woman that stood beside him.

_____ approached him and they embraced one another in a hug. It had been a while since they were able to do such a thing. Strict rules and prohibitions caused them to become friends at a distant. However, since she was in his squadron, she was by his side during the ambush.

--------

"What are you gonna do when you get back home to Jeannie?"

_____ glanced at Jack as they sat by the dying fire at their camp. Jack chuckled, running a hand through his hair.

"Jeannie wants to start having kids.." He said, buting at his lil, something he did to calm his nerves. ______ noticed this and arched a brow.

"Do you not want that?"

"It's not that.. I just don't want to be away if we plan on having them, ya know? She shouldn't have to be alone for that kind of stuff."

"I get it." _____ looked back at the small flames, feeling the soft heat graze her cheeks. "I have no idea what I'll do when I get home.. maybe I should go out to the bar and meet some guy or something." She joked, smiling to herself. Jack eyed her for a bit, noticng that there was a pain hinted in her voice.

He met this woman during his training and they grew to become close friends over the months they were stationed together. Unlike him, she wasn't married or really had anyone to come home to. When he asked her why she joined the military she simply said,