Part 26

pov: bill denbrough
"truth or truth, eddie, do you think you and richie are going to get married?" i ask. after getting bored of reading comics, we decided to play truth or truth.
"i think we are. even if we don't, i just want him to find someone that makes him happy," eddie responds. richie smiles and kisses eddie.
"i'm completely bored. do you guys wanna go to the quarry?" bev asks. we get in our respective cars, stan and i in my car, bev and mike in bev's car, and richie and eddie in richie's car. stan and i get to the quarry first, stan nearly lays out the extra towels in my truck.
cutie.
"bill, come and lay with me!" stan exclaims. i kiss stan and he smiles back.
"happy six months, babe," stan whispers.
"you too, bubba."
the other four get there pretty quickly, we strip down to our underwear. we jump into the clear blue water for the millionth time since we were 13. we just play around like we're kids, not worrying about school or junior year. i stare at stan and his slim, fit body, as he's tanning.
"stop staring you freak," richie jokes, i roll my eyes, pushing him.
"like you don't do that with eddie ALL THE TIME!" i shout.
"both of you stop fighting!" eddie and stan yell.
when stan falls asleep on me, i take it to my advantage to ask everyone what i should do for stan.
"what should i do for stan's birthday? i wanna make it special," i ask.
"start with like a long note and maybe some gifts, then make him breakfast," bev tells me.
"i pitched in to get him a car," i speak.
"then present him with his car!" mike exclaims.
"we can help you throw him a party."