Part 29

Pov: Stanley Uris
Today is the day i'm proposing to my boyfriend, and hopefully fiancé. five years ago, we were getting together.
when the thought hits me, i launch myself out of mine and bill's bed, into our tiny apartment. i grab some nice clothes, showering and getting myself fully ready. even though it is monday, both bill and i don't have classes on monday, so luckily we can be together all day. i've invited mine and bill's parents to come for the proposal, but only our mom's can come. all of a sudden, i get a text from bev stating that her and ben are coming tonight as well. both ben and bev go to USC, so it's not as far as a drive as it for mike who is going to university of kentucky. it's already hard enough for richie and eddie to come since they have a one-year-old. when i finish making breakfast for bill and i, i quietly was to our room where he is still fast asleep. i slip my three-page letter under his pillow before kissing his forehead, which makes him smile.
cutie.
"i know you were up, bubba!" i shout, climbing into bed.
"happy five-year anniversary, babe," bill whispers.
i lean in for a tender kiss, every time a kiss him, it feels like the first time we kissed. the same smooth, pump lips against mine.
"i made you breakfast," i tell him.
"thank you so much. i love you," bill says.
"i love you too."
bill and i eat pretty quickly, he gets ready. i feel the ring in my back pocket.
t-minus four hours until they come.
"bill, we're meeting ben and bev today!" i shout.
i text ben, he's already proposed to bev.
*four hours later*
"how do you feel?" bev asks me.
"i'm freaking out. what if he says no?" i whisper-yell.
bill walks out of the bathroom, he resets in his place next to me.
"can you facetime richie, eddie, and mike?" bev orders. we obviously listen, all three of them pick up right away.
"bev and i have an announcement, i wish all of us were here for this," ben admits, he gestures to bev.
"i'm four months pregnant," bev says.
"that's great! what's the gender?" mike asks.
"i bet it's a boy!" richie shouts.
"shut up, idiot!" eddie yells, it's like the old times.
"it's a girl. we are debating on two names, annabelle rose hanscom, after my mom or elizabeth (ellie) michelle hanscom. after ben's grandmother and sort of richie," ben explains. richie starts to jump around.
"chill out, rich. ben and bev may name her annabelle!" i shout.
just then, my mom and andrea walk in.
"what's our parents doing here?" bill asks, i don't answer i just get up. i take bills hands so he's standing in front of me.
"bill, you've been my crush since we were 13, you're my soulmate. youre absolutely stunning with your  auburn hair and greenish eyes. you never fail to make me smile, which is why i want to spend my life with you. so,"
i get down on one knee.
"william denbrough, will you marry me?"
"of course i will."