nine.

Entry #9
October 25th, 2034

Forgive me for taking such a long time to write back to you. I've just been really busy in these past few days.

Of course I haven't been too busy to completely forget about you because you're always on my mind, but I've been too busy to write.

Every time that I did find time to write, Dana would barge in or my mom would tell me to do something or my dad would talk about a girl at work who has nice assets. So you can understand how frustrating my life can be.

Or maybe your life is a lot harder than mine. I remember one day you told me your parents argue a lot, and it makes you sad. My parents don't argue, but then again, they don't really talk either.

Sometimes I'll look out my window and see you in your room because you never remember to close the curtains. Then I'll see you sitting at your desk just staring at nothing. And when the night is quiet enough, I can even hear when your parents are arguing.

I really hope things work out for you, Nate. I know sometimes you try to hide the pain, but I can see it in your eyes. You're hurting. And I know from first hand experience what it's like to have to bottle up your feelings. I do it everyday.

Because of that, I've decided to give you space. I don't want to be that little kid who annoys you all the time, so I'm taking a few days away from you. But just know I will be here when you need me.