Four

Zayn was lost. He knew that his only time to get through to Harry was then, and he'd felt like he lost all hope.

Harry was lying in his bunk, just simply overwhelmed with a feeling of joy that Zayn had come to see him...but sadness because all of his encompassed feelings rushed straight back and he's all that Harry could think about.

Little did Harry know, the same situation was surrounding Zayn. And as Zayn relished a glimmer of hope out from deep inside he stepped foot on the tour bus to find Harry...in fear that he'd never receive the closure they both needed.

Zayn: "Harry...please just come out and talk to me."

His voice cracked as he spoke, as if he was going to cry if one more word fell from his thin lips.

Harry: "Zee...you know how hard it was on me when you left. You know how much I cried and begged for you to stay with me just one more night. I was losing my best friend..."

Zayn: "Harry you know it was more than that...don't lie to yourself, or me for that matter."

Harry: "clearly it was Z...best friends don't cuddle when all of the boys fall asleep. best friends don't escape after shows just to sneak a kiss. best friends don't stare into each other's eyes to sing a lyric you'd only sing to someone you loved."

Zayn's cheeks flushed pink...realizing everything he gave up when he walked away from Harry, and he decided to sing that one line.

"It's you...it's you they add up to. I'm in love with you." he glanced up to meet Harry's gaze...

"...and all your little things."

A tear fell from Zayn's eye as he took a seat on the couch just diagonal from where Harry was laying.

Zayn: "...I...I'm sorry I ever left you."

Harry: "...there's nothing more I want to do than to kiss the hell out of you right now, but I know that I'd be giving into temptation, and that's not a good idea right now."

Zayn's face fell because he knew that all he needed to satisfy his guilt from the past 5 years was a kiss from the man he loved.

Harry: "why are you coming back now Zayn? why didn't you call 4 years ago when I was broken from this? why not last year...or on Christmas? not even my birthday?"

Zayn: "Harry I was afraid. I was afraid that if it was just you and I...that all of my feelings would pour out."

He hesitated

Zayn: "...well I guess just like they are now..."

Harry: "Why were you so afraid though? You knew I had so much room in my heart for you, hell you took up 95% of my heart Z."

Zayn: "I knew you had Camille...and I-I didn't want to break anything up, and I used Gigi as a coverup for my heart wanting nothing but you-and all this time I've been contemplating whether or not I should just call you and confess everything but I figured this would be the best way to do it becau-"

Harry stopped his ramble by grabbing his hand.

Harry: "stop rambling. I don't forgive you entirely because my heart was shattered for months after you left, and I can see that you understand that...but I'm willing to fix this if you are."

Zayn's eyes lit up as Harry finished his line...

Zayn: "anything...I'd do-anything in this world for a second chance Haz."

Harry let go of his hand and rose to his feet, motioning for Zayn to get up as well.

Harry: "you better get a move on though, it's fucking late Z..."

Zayn: "it was worth it...I just want my best frie-"

he stopped in his tracks and readjusted

Zayn: "I just want you back Harry. Just you."

Harry smiled as he shut the door to the tour bus, feeling like a huge weight was then lifted off of the shoulders of them both.