Nineteen

When Harry got in the car he immediately pulled out his phone to call Zayn. He knew that he was fuming, and he knew he wasn't going to answer...but he tried anyway. And just like he thought...the line went straight to voicemail.

...
*at the hotel before Harry got there*

The hotel was on the beach. Zayn was obviously not able to swim, but he felt like he was drowning in confusion. So instead of going up to the room, he went out to the ocean, in the pitch black.

He was talking to himself, asking questions that he didn't know the answer to.

Zayn: "why would he do this to me?"
Zayn: "I was gonna tell the fuck that I loved him"
Zayn: "I wish I could just drown"
Zayn: "fuck, what if Louis was lying"

All of the thoughts in Zayn's head were going to cause him to have another panic attack, so before he could let a tear slip...he was running out into the ocean, even though he couldn't swim.

...
Harry just arrived at the hotel and sped up to the room, skipping the elevator and running straight up the stairs. When he got in the room he yelled out to him.

Harry: "Z baby, I'm sorry, none of that was true."

but he got no response, not even a sniffle. So he ran back downstairs to the front desk and asked if they'd seen him.

Harry: "excuse me, have you seen Zayn? Like anywhere?"

Manager: "yes actually, about 30 minutes ago he went out to the private beach behind the hotel."

Harry whispered under his breath

Harry: "shit he can't swim"

...

Just as Zayn's head was about to be submerged under water Harry saw him and screamed as loud as he could...

Harry: "Z BABY, STOP NONE OF IT WAS TRUE. DONT DO THIS."

Just then he saw Zayn walk back toward shore and drop down to his knees as soon as the tide wasn't pulling him anymore.

Zayn just sat there crying, hysterically. Loud sobs that anyone could've heard for miles.

Harry walked up to him and pulled him to his feet.

Zayn: stop don't touch me.

Harry: "what the fuck do you mean?"

Zayn: "I had an anxiety attack, I couldn't control it. That's why I did that."

Harry: "zayn, babe you can't swim"

Zayn: "yes that was the point."

Harry: "don't say that. Louis is not worth taking your own life."

Zayn: "he isn't...but you are."

Harry: "I haven't been texting him, he made that up."

Zayn: "I'm so overly confused about everything at this point Harry."

Harry: "he screwed it all up for us, the whole night and I'm sorry. let me make it up to you."

Zayn: "I think I'm gonna get a towel from the pool and call an uber...I might go home."

Harry started crying and grabbed Zayn by the shoulders

Harry: "baby please don't. come back to the room with me and talk. I need you. Like a lot."

Zayn: "Harry I was gonna tell you I loved you tonight, that's how special I wanted tonight to be."

Harry: "babe..."

Zayn: "no, don't "babe" me. I was going to love on you so hard, and I couldn't wait to tell you that. And now I'm here, in the pitch black, freezing my ass off, after I just tried to drown myself."

Harry: "please can you come back to the room. take a warm shower, and talk with me. because even after today, I do love you. I mean that Zayn Malik...I love you, whole heartedly."

Zayn: "what I said doesn't mean that I don't love you Harry. Because I do. I love every single piece of you. That's why this hurt me so much."

Harry: " I know baby. Come on, let's go talk inside."

....

When they got inside the hotel lobby Zayn got crazed looks from everyone as if he was a monster.

They headed up the elevator and both into Harry's room where they both needed showers. Harry let Zayn go first because he was shivering and salty from the water, but after the incident, Harry insisted on checking in on Zayn every 3 minutes.

After Zayn got out, he chilled in his boxers under the comforter waiting for Harry. He was watching an episode of "Friends" when his phone started ringing.

He reached across the night stand next to the bed to unplug his charging phone and answer the call that said "unknown number".

*on the phone*

Zayn: "hello, this is Zayn speaking."

Louis: "for fuck sake I know it is. and I'm pissed off at you for taking Harry away. We all know he's meant to be with me you bitch."

Zayn: "fuck off Louis, you know nothing."

Louis: "whatever Zayn, and if you tell Harry I called I'm fucking your ass up. That's just it."

Louis hung up
...

Zayn was in tears, not because he was afraid of Louis. Quite frankly he knew he couldn't beat his ass, but he was upset because of how emotionally invested Louis was in his boyfriend. He was afraid that Harry would leave him for Louis, and that broke him.