Twenty Eight

Harry was a deep sleeper, so nothing could wake him up until he was ready. Zayn on the other hand woke up to the slightest noise.

At around 2 in the morning Zayn heard three knocks on their hotel room door. He knew fans spotted him, so he assumed it was them. But before he opened he peeked through the hole to make sure.

Zayn: "shit"

He whispered underneath his breath before sliding out the door and coming face to face with none other than Louis.

Zayn: "if you wanna do this we can't do it in the room cause Harry's asleep and he'll freak if he knows what's going on."

Louis: "I can't wait to fuck the shit outta you once and for all."

And without warning Louis swung straight at Zayn's face, but before he could swing again Zayn put his boxing knowledge to the test.

He threw Louis and upper cut before swinging at his nose. Louis was bleeding all down his face and panting hard. Zayn was already bruising on his left eye from the first punch Louis threw.

Louis was stumbling from the two hits Zayn took on him and leaned up against the wall for balance.

Louis: "nice black eye, I think some fucker I used to sing with is gonna love that. ya know, the one with the curly hair."

Zayn: "yeah your face is a little bloody, might wanna clean that up. But I did a damn good job if I do say so my self."

Louis: "this was just the beginning Malik, you're lucky you're not dead right now."

Zayn rolled his eyes

Zayn: "I don't give two shits what you try to do to me Louis, but don't fuck with Harry."

And Zayn opened the door to the hotel room but before he closed it shut he left Louis with one more thought.

Zayn: "and quit stalking us, it's kinda creepy."

When he got inside the room he noticed Harry was still sound asleep and he was glad. He knew his eye was bruised terribly and Harry would notice but he'd rather have time to familiarize himself with his explanation before having to tell him.

After the fight Zayn wasn't able to go back to sleep so he spent the next 7 hours putting cold water over his eye, watching silent TV, and drinking...which he knew wasn't wise.

Zayn never drank much around Harry because he knew he didn't like it. Harry drank himself, and didn't mind Zayn drinking a little bit but always stopped him before going over board.

Zayn had three beers and realized that Harry would be furious with him if he smelt the stench of alcohol on him first thing in the morning. So being the thoughtful boyfriend he was, he quit drinking, got in the shower, and brushed his teeth to calm down.

He honestly couldn't believe what had just happened. He couldn't believe he left Louis' nose oozing. And he couldn't believe his eye was as purple as it was.

Zayn sat in the desk chair in the room for several hours just looking outside, with the one eye he could hold open, and before he knew it he heard a familiar voice from behind him on the bed.

Harry: "morning baby, why are you up so early?"

Zayn was anxious to turn around because he wasn't ready to explain yet.

Harry: "babe?"

Zayn pulled his shirt up over his bad eye and played off the mark by saying...

Zayn: "hold on love, I've got an eyelash in my eye"

And he ran off to the bathroom.

5 minutes passed and Harry grew skeptical, and Zayn knew it was time to tell him.

Harry: "Zayn you're worrying me, at least let me in to help you."

So Zayn opened the door to the bathroom to reveal his puffy, purple, and swollen shut eye.

Harry: "holy shit what the fuck happened to you!"

And Harry, being the cuddle bug that he was, ran straight up to him and pulled him into a hug.

Zayn: "baby I'm alright"

Harry: "tell me what happened right now. no beating around the bush. tell me now."

Zayn: "Louis came"

Harry brought his hands up to cover his face and Zayn knew he would start crying.

Zayn: "babe listen to me"

Harry: "I'm listening, just not looking. I can't look at your face knowing he did that to you."

Zayn: "he came to the door and said he was tired of the shit and he swung. without warning."

Harry: "did you hit him back?"

Zayn: "would you be mad if I did?"

Harry: "That doesn't matter. What matters is if you hit him back."

Zayn: "I did, yea...twice."

Harry sighed and rubbed his hands over his eyes.

Harry: "where did this happen babe?"

Zayn: "in the hallway...I didn't wanna let him in cause I didn't wanna wake you."

Harry: "That brings me to my next question...why in the fucking world didn't you wake me up Zee?"

Zayn: "I didn't know what I was gonna say when you saw me, and I felt like a douche for hitting him back. I didn't want you to be mad at me...I hate when you're mad at me."

Harry: "I'm not mad, but it breaks my heart that he did this to you...because of me."

Zayn: "stop, it's not your fault. it's not even that bad."

Harry: "you can't open your fucking eye Zayn...it's bad"

Zayn: "it'll get better, it's not the first time I've had a black eye."

Harry: "that's not the point. the point is that you're all I want, and I love you, and I will continue to love you...and this is what I'm doing to you."

Zayn: "no you're not. it's Louis being the jealous bastard that he is. He can fuck off, clearly I handled it fine. He walked away with a bad bad bloody nose. I'm fine baby, I promise."

Harry: "did you sleep at all after that"

Zayn: "no, but I think you deserve my honesty so please don't get pissed."

Harry looked at him signaling that he was ready to hear whatever it was he was telling him.

Zayn: "after it happened I was so overwhelmed and I drank a few beers...but I'm not drunk or anything I just, I was just-"

Harry: "babe I'm not mad, I get it. it was scary, it was stressful, it was a lot and alcohol helps that...you're fine."

Zayn: "it's like 10:00 though, don't you have to be at the venue by 12?"

Harry: "yes but kiss me first because I feel bad"

Zayn: "don't feel bad, but I won't resist a kiss from you."

They leaned in and pecked each other on the lips a few times before Zayn laid down to take an hour nap, and Harry got ready for his show in Vegas.