Fourteen

Harry woke up to a text from Zayn

Zayn: "hey bub, I'm gonna be busy all day in the studio. Won't have much time to talk. Call me as soon as you wake up plz xoxo"

Harry thought it was weird because Zayn always made time for him. He never anticipated lacking time to talk with Harry so it just rubbed him the wrong way. But he called Zayn anyways.

*on the phone*

Zayn: "hey baby"

Harry: "hi"

Zayn: "how'd you sleep last night?"

Harry: "fine"

Zayn: "I miss you"

Harry: "okay"

Zayn: "I'm trying to get passed your evident attitude right now, but it's kinda hard. What's your problem?"

Harry: "what's your problem?"

Zayn: "babe. you are 26. I am 27. let's not act like 4th graders please."

Harry: "fine. I'm upset."

Zayn: "clearly....I need more detail"

Harry: "your text"

Zayn: "what? cause I said I was busy all day?"

Harry: "it's not that your busy. it's just...you always make time for me even if your schedule is hectic. You always find time to
Call me or text me in between breaks...I don't know it's just weird that you said that."

Zayn: "baby I always text you. I'm still gonna do that. I just can't snap or call. I'm sorry it sounded that way."

Harry: "it's whatever..."

Zayn: "they're calling me to go, please don't be mad. you're my world!!"

and zayn hung up.
...

What Harry didn't know was that Zayn was planning to surprise him in the hotel once Harry got there. He didn't perform tonight, but he was on his way to San Diego...

Zayn wasn't at the studio at all today, and he'd also turned his Snapchat location off so Harry couldn't see him...and he'd hoped that Harry didn't notice because that would just upset him more.

Zayn was just praying that his surprise was enough to jolt Harry into his happiness because hearing him so confused and upset this morning made Zayn upset as well.

Once Zayn got to the hotel he informed the manager about all of his plans, and with a little convincing he was given a key to Harry's room.

Once he got in, he put the bouquet of yellow roses on Harry's bed with a card that says "I've missed you", but once he opens the card it's going to say "turn around" and Zayn's going to be in the closet behind him.

At first thought, it sounds a little creepy but he knows Harry will be ecstatic, and he can't wait to kiss his cute little face.

...

Harry was on the tour bus still, and Zayn knew he'd be getting worried soon, so he shot him a text to remind him that he'll always make time for him.

Zayn: "baby, I know you're mad, but you mean the world to me, and I'm sorry I'm so busy. Wish I could kiss your lips."

Harry read the text and didn't respond so Zayn knew he was extra upset, and decided to call him. And zayn knew he wouldn't deny his call because they discussed that it was a bad habit.

*on the phone*

Harry: "yes"

Zayn: "why are you ignoring my sweet texts"

Harry: "because you turned your location off on snap...that worries me. and don't you fucking dare act like that's not a big deal"

Zayn: "shit Harry, I didn't do that on purpose. I didn't even know I did that to be honest. Maybe it's the WiFi here?"

Harry: "don't play dumb. this is suspicious"

Zayn: "baby listen"

Harry: "open ears...you've definitely got some explaining to do."

Zayn: "I'm at the studio, the only time I've been on my phone is to text you and make sure you're alright"

Harry: "today has been so weird z, this scares me babe."

Zayn: "I know, it's my fault. my flow is off today, I'm acting weird and I don't even know why. I'm sorry, I'm trying"

harry started crying behind the speaker

Zayn: "baby baby baby, please don't. I'm sorry okay. I'm not doing this on purpose."

Harry: "it's fine Z, I'm almost at the hotel. I'm just gonna take a bath and sleep. Text me whenever you have time..."

Zayn: "babe stop. I don't want you to hang up please."

Harry: "what else is there to say"

Zayn: "Harry you're everything to me. I didn't do any of this intentionally. You're all I want. You're all I need. Please."

Harry: "babe I'm so tired, and I think that's why I'm worrying about every little thing. just let me relax alright. I'm not mad...just upset."

Zayn: "okay baby, please call me later"

Harry: "no, since you're so busy...call me when you have time."

and he hung up the phone.