20. Can't Control

Ethan's POV
Sometimes I feel like I should give myself awards for my stupidity. No matter how much I control, she doesn't let me resist.

I tried hard not to do anything that would make it obvious that I'm just too obsessed with her and see what I did!

Yes, I do remember everything she likes, her pet peeves, her favourite artists, her favourite colour, her favourite chocolate, I know and remember everything.

I can't really forget anything, even the minor moments that we shared between us. Something that I consider very special.

I was in the car with Theodore, we were going to the hotel, but my mind recalled the beautiful smile she had on her gorgeous face when she looked at the cottage.

I wish that smile was only and only reserved for me.

The most painful thing in this world is having feelings for someone you can't be with.

And the biggest problem is that I'm still hoping, hoping for her to be back in my life.

When she won't.

She wasn't supposed to mean this much for me. I was never planning to fall so hard.

But now I have, and I can't control this inner urge to love her forever.

My thoughts were halted when Theodore called out for me, grabbing my attention.

"we're almost there. If you want anything call me" he said and I nodded.

"Theo, can you ask the driver to get my car?" I asked.

"You car is already parked in the hotel" he said.

"By the way, what do you need it for?" he asked.

"I have to take Madison to that meeting" I said.

"I'll send our driver" he said.

"No! I'll do it myself" I said hurriedly.

He just nodded and gave me a teasing smile.

"Don't smile like that Theo" I said getting irritated, as he knew why I refused.

But he smiled even more.

"Seriously?" I said and he started laughing.

"If you love her so much, why don't you just say it to her?" he said.

"That's of no use. She doesn't love me" I said with growing melancholy.

"How can you draw out conclusions, when you haven't even tried?" he said.

"I'm just afraid that my heart will break again" I said in a low voice, sighing.

"No offense, but isn't that a dumb thing to do?" He asked.

"How?" I asked getting offended.

He took a deep breath and said "Okay, let me explain"

"You remember when we were kids, dad got me a beautiful leather jacket on my birthday?" He said.

I nodded.

"I was afraid that, if I wore it, it'll get wrecked. So I never really wore it" he said.

"And you remember what happened?" He asked.

"Yeah, you outgrew it. And later mom gave it to me. I loved that jacket though" I said smiling, remembering the old days.

"So, you see, I never really experienced the joy of wearing something I loved. And eventually, you were given it to use. The heart is the same" he said.