22. He Drops Me

Madison's POV
"Hello sir" I said bowing a bit.

He looked at me with a smile. He looked so handsome.

"Hello, so you're Theodore's Secretary?" he said more like a question.

"No, sir. I'm Mr. Ethan Brown's assistant. Mr. Theodore's assistant couldn't make up to the meeting that's why I'm attending it on his behalf" I said.

He nodded but again his eyebrows furrowed.

"Then, why Theodore or Ethan, none of them are here?" he asked.

Of course, I couldn't say that both the brothers have gone to have some bromance! So, I made up a silly story.

"Sir, actually they're not well" I said, not making eye contact.

I don't want him to catch me lying.

"Both of them? Together got unwell?" he asked with a teasing smile.

"yeah" I said with uncertainty filled in my voice. I still didn't look at him. But soon I heard him take out a small chuckle.

I looked at him and he said "You should never do something, you don't master. And some of them are not even meant for trial"

I know why he said that, because he caught me. I closed my eyes, cursing under my breath.

"When you meet him again, tell him to get well soon" he said.

I nodded slightly. Then he made his way inside and I followed him.

The meeting went for another half and hour or so. I made notes and wrote other details to make the presentation.

I texted Ethan to pick me up, but he didn't read my message. I called him but he still didn't answer my call.

Where the hell is he?!

I can't even get back on my own as I don't know the way to the cottage!

I made my way downstairs and decided to wait for him in the waiting area on the ground floor.

I went and sat in one of seats. Then I took out my cell phone and started surfing on the internet.

I was consumed in my phone but I felt someone standing behind. I didn't really notice, thinking it was someone in the hotel.

Of course they're so many people here.

But soon that same person maybe, cleared his throat to which again I didn't bother to look.

Once again someone disturbed me, but this time I not just looked but abruptly stood up.

It was Chase Faust.

"Hello sir" I said as I got up.

"Why are you still here? Are you staying here?" he asked.

Why is he being so nosy?!

"No sir. Ethan is coming to pick me up" I said.

"Ethan Brown?" he said.

I nodded.

"So, you address your boss with his name?" he said.

Shit! Why do I keep forgetting that he's my boss?!

"I'm sorry sir. I just forgot to mention Mr. Ethan properly" I said, getting embarrassed.

He nodded.

"So when is he coming?" he asked.

"I don't know. I texted Ethan sir, but I haven't received any reply" I said, looking at my watch.