45. I Need My Clothes

Ethan's POV
I came out of the room smashing the door;

I was angry, really angry. She needs to quit being so stubborn and childish, I can't be present everywhere to protect her. She's taking my protection for granted, but she needs to understand that being so careless can be harmful for her.

I came downstairs and went towards the kitchen. The red velvet cake I got for Madison, stared at me, as if it was very desperately asking me where she was. I took a deep breath and picked it up from the counter.

"I'm sorry buddy, she didn't come" I said to the cake, keeping it in the refrigerator. I got this cake for Madison, thinking that we can have it together, as it's her favourite.

I know very well that whatever I did just now wasn't a very pleasant thing, but I just couldn't control my anger this time. Was I mad at her? Yes. Because I can't just ignore the fact that she could've been in trouble if I hadn't got that message, from Sasha that night.

And a bigger reason for me being irritated is that she didn't accept her mistake rather said that I was trying to guilt trap her? I mean, how in the fucking hell can she think that way? I genuinely thought that bringing her here would be a like little romantic vacation for us, but seems like it's all ruined now.

I care for her too much and that's why just a little thought of her getting in trouble made me so angry.

I took a bottle of water going towards the couch in the living area. I sat down and took a deep breath. I felt uneasy. Was it because of my anger? Or maybe, now I feel guilty and upset because I scolded her so much.

I think my anger balloon exploded on her quite dramatically. My patience took over, I had no control. My mind was still occupied with these thoughts of Madison, but I needed rest. So I rested my head on the headrest and never realized that I dozed off to sleep.

>>

I woke up with the sound of something moving in the kitchen. I suddenly got up and quietly went towards the kitchen tiptoeing. To my surprise I saw something unexpected. I saw Madison cutting the cake, taking out a huge piece, serving it in the plate. Guess she's hungry.

I silently chuckled at how cute she looked. I went towards her, standing really close to her back and then whispered in her ear

"What are you doing?!"

she jumped getting scared and looked back. She kept her hand on her chest taking deep breaths.

"You scared me Ethan!" she said getting a little irritated.

"Oh! I did?" I said and she looked at me giving a death glare.

"Get away now" she said picking up the cake.

"What if I don't?" I said getting closer to her.

She looked at me as I covered her small figure, dominating her by my height. She moved back and I bent my neck coming closer to her face, slowly. She kept looking at me, all clueless, waiting for me to do what I was doing.

Our lips were inches apart and I could sense her breath getting uneven. She was nervous and seeing how cute she looked, made me felt like kissing her right there. I placed my hands on either side of her hips on the counter she was almost crawling up on, coming to her face level.

I got closer to her lips and by that moment she closed her eyes, ready to be kissed. But I had something else in mind. I wanted to tease her, so instead of kissing her, I picked up the spoon from the counter behind her, taking a bite from the cake she had in her hand.

"Hmm! It's tasty. I like it" I said and Madison opened her eyes shaking her head a little.

She furrowed her eyebrows and pushed me off. I laughed licking the spoon.