5 | Push-up Bra

''Why did you lie about my job?'' FP finally asked her after thinking about it all day. He was chopping the courgette so angrily by now that it was time to release some of that frustration and ask her about that lie of hers. 

''A guy being a nanny isn't really the most glamorous thing, Forsythe.'' She simply said, ignoring the look on his face. 

It wasn't if she was ashamed to have someone take care of the household, but she knew what women out there thought of a man staying at home. It was very conservative to think so, but sadly she faced daily that women liked men to have a good paying job. She didn't care about that though, as long as someone had passion for the things they do. 

''I am not going for glamour, Alice. I have been in the slammer for Christ sake. And for the record, I work from home, I am not a nanny. They are teenagers, not toddlers.'' He pointed out as he cringed by hearing the use of the word nanny. 

It wasn't if Betty and Jughead needed daily guidance, he was just there to save Alice from drowning in her work while she had two very hungry teenagers to feed.

''Whatever you say.'' She rolled her eyes and smiled a little as she knew he got a little worked up by her vocabulary. Of course she wouldn't say it again if he didn't want her to, but she loved teasing him just a little bit. 

''So you think I'll never have sex with a woman again if I don't have a respectable job?'' He putted down his knife and scoffed slightly. 

Just that moment Jughead had come into the kitchen to take a peek at tonight's dinner, and overheard their conversation. Betty followed him closely but they both stood still instantly when they figured FP and Alice were talking about sex, which they definitely didn't want to be involved in. 

''Safe sex, I was talking about safe sex, boy.'' FP said firmly, before his son would get any ideas. Jughead and Betty shared an uncomfortable look as Alice snapped all three of them out of this awkward conversation.

''I am not saying that.'' She sighed. 

FP didn't really believe her though. He hadn't had that much girlfriends and the ones he had were from the same kind of family he was. None of them had been from the upper class, so he had never know how women like Alice and her friends looked at men like him when they didn't have a job that could easily provide for a family and a big house. Guess he knew now. 

''Look,  just see it as a push-up bra. Once you are completely comfortable in a relationship you can let the girls out.'' Alice beamed and pretend to throw away an imaginary bra. 

''You put me in a push-up bra?'' FP said in disbelief, shaking his head as he said so. 

''I am not even going to ask.'' Jughead interrupted their conversation as he grabbed a glass of soda. 

''Betty, tell your Mom that lying is never okay.'' FP turned to Betty, hoping for back-up. Alice lying about this situation was completely insane to him, especially when it should be his choice whether to keep his job to himself or not. 

''Isn't she the one supposed to tell me that? Not the other way around?'' Betty answered and with that logic FP couldn't fight. 

Alice showed a triumph smile but tried not to show it too much. In her eyes he was exaggerating this whole situation, but if he wanted to have a discussion about it then she would gladly join. 

''Forgot for a second you are the mayor. You get paid to lie.'' He teased her and earned a poke in his side from her. 

''Just keep the bra on a little longer. Okay?'' She patted his back and walked away with a smile, leaving him the kitchen. By now FP knew she was the craziest woman he had ever met.