40 | New Strategy

Alice had taken off a few hours early in order to be home before the kids would be, so they'd keep up with their schedule. It was exhausting, but it was for a greater cause. Besides, it only meant she got to have sex with him as much as possible which wasn't something she could complain about. Although, she had to admit that after almost a month it was getting a routine with just one purpose-- getting pregnant.

Her head poked into the living room while she shrugged off her coat. She threw it onto the rack before she made her way over to her man, who hadn't heard her come in yet.

"There you are! Pants off, Jones. It's baby time." She smiled brightly and already made her way to the stairs, popping open a few of the buttons on her blouse to fasten the process. But FP only looked up from his work and raised his eyebrow at her.

"What are you waiting for? Let's go!" Alice gestured upstairs, but he didn't make an attempt to follow her.

"Is this your idea of foreplay?" He feigned his hurt, as he putted his art supplies away. Truth was, even when he was enjoying the hell out of their new sex arrangement, it still felt like it was all they did. It had been days ago when they last had a deep meaningful conversation instead of falling asleep after sex.

"Couldn't you ask about my day first?" He crossed his arms, ready to tease her. It was as if he didn't know what was going on at her work, and she had no idea what he was up too. Their schedules were crazy and they had Alice's 'to do me' list to follow. When did they have time for some real talk?

"Okay, fine... How was your appointment with that... editor guy, about that... thing?" Alice nervously fiddled with her nails as she truly had missed the whole point of his meeting today. She recalled him telling her at breakfast when she was late already, so it had been hard for her to register what it was really about.

"Now you're just pretending to know what I have been doing today to get sex!" FP scolded and stood up to face her. Actually, it made him want to laugh a little and joke about how they were getting obsessed with this whole pregnancy plan, but he wasn't sure whether that was something Alice could laugh about too.

"I will never do that! And to proof it that as soon as we are done I'll order you that new fancy pencil set you had your eyes on." She walked over to him and grabbed his flannel into her hands while she showed him one of the smiles that he had always trouble to resist.

"So now you think I can be bought?" He asked her seriously, trying his hardest not to take the bait just yet.

"I was hoping." Alice bit her lip, as a smirk slowly made its way on her face.

"Alright just this once." He finally let his smile win the battle and he kissed her quickly before grabbing her hand to yank her upstairs, ready to get down to business.

**

Next week Alice was nervously waiting with the pregnancy test in her hand. She had a good feeling, this time they were most definitely pregnant. It was almost impossible not to be, considering the insane schedule they had.

"We have to be pregnant, we dit it 47 times this month." Alice beamed happily, as the time on her phone kept on counting down. Just a few more minutes before she'd see she was carrying a child again.

"I counted 48. But that last one couldn't make a baby." FP smirked, giving her playful wink as he referred to their recent activities.

"No honey, that was just a little present from me to you." Alice smiled as she gave him a quick kiss on his cheek. FP wanted to turn her head to give her a proper kiss on her lips, but the buzzer of the timer interrupted his movements.