6 | The Blue Heels

''What about these?'' Hermione held a pair of green heels into the air as she turned to see if Alice would be satisfied wearing those today. 

But those wren't the ones she was looking for. Ironically enough her shoes were one of the few things in her life that she hadn't organized. How could she? She had a thousand of them. 

''We're looking for the blue ones, Hermione. Are these blue to you?'' Alice had just taken a peek but it were most definitely not her favorite per of heels, and even worse? They didn't match her suit. 

FP had followed the sound coming out of her walk-in closet and looked down at the complete chaos that was created by the two women. 

''Everything alright here?'' He asked curiously, even when the pile of heels told him the answer already. 

''Did you hide my shoes?'' Alice pointed one of her black heels to him and he was sure that if she wanted she could stab him to death with it. 

''Yes, I absolutely love to hide them so every day can feel like Easter.'' He said sarcastically, pushing down the heel that was still a little too close to his chest .

''In that case, move.'' Alice gestured with her hands that it was time for him to leave, as he wasn't useful in their quest to find the right ones. 

''A please wouldn't hurt.'' He feigned his hurt, and exaggeratedly gasped.

''You're so sensitive.'' Alice scoffed, and gave him another playful punch with the new pair that had found its way into her hands. 

Hermione sighed and sat down on the chair that she was standing close to, while she had three mixed pairs in her hand that barely matched the other. They had been working their asses off for weeks and they didn't have anything exiting planned for today, so Hermione offered a whole new plan. 

''Why don't we just skip today? We're just doing administration.'' She sighed as she threw the heels back onto the pile. 

Alice stopped digging as well and placed her hand on her knees. It wasn't such a bad idea. Didn't she deserve some time to herself too? After running this town for over a year now, barely taking a break from her activities?

"You're right. I just don't want looks from Betty, Jughead or even FP. But to be honest, I need some me-time. Some, me-loving you know?" Alice looked at Hermione, hoping that she'd understand as well.

Ever since Hal died Alice hadn't really wanted to be alone with her thoughts, which is why she was so glad with having an extremely busy job. But now things had slowly seemed to turn back to normal, even when dealing with the loss of someone so close to her was a battle she still fought every single day.

''Maybe FP could help you with that.'' Hermione winked and giggled when she saw the frown on Alice's face. Every time she made a joke about FP it somehow seemed to get funnier. 

''I didn't mean it that way, and no thank you.'' Alice pointed out, telling her for more times than she could count that she wasn't interested in the man that was living in her home now. 

''Oh come on, don't tell me you aren't at least the slightest attracted to him.'' Hermione knew her friend way too well, and couldn't imagine her not even thinking about the possibility. What was not to like? He was single, handsome and had a kid just like her that was living under the same roof. 

''He's the father of my daughter's boyfriend. Stop it.''  Alice said firmly, wanting to end this conversation for once and for all. It wasn't professional to even talk about your employee like that, even when their work relationship wasn't a formal one.