9 | Date Night

''How do I look?'' Alice twirled around on her heels, wearing her navy blue dress and placed her hands on her waist the second she stopped spinning. 

FP muted the TV and looked her up and down. He knew she was pretty, but this was a whole other level of taking his breath away. If her date wasn't going to be impressed with her looks then had to be the craziest person on earth. 

''God, that is one lucky guy.'' FP chuckled as he looked at her once more. 

Her blonde waves fell just over her shoulder and her black heels fitted perfectly to her dress. Her cleavage just showed a little bit that was just enough for people to look, but it wasn't inappropriate either. 

''Glad you think so.'' Alice beamed, happily accepting his compliment. It had been one of the first nights she felt very confident about herself and her new bought dress, that it really made her look forward to the night that was waiting for her. 

''Where are Betty and Jughead?'' She asked him after she had perfected her lipstick. 

''Hanging with Russel again. After that they have a party at Cheryl's.'' FP informed her, as if it was no big deal. But there was one thing he forgot; Alice wasn't the only parent in the house anymore. He had a responsibility too. 

Even when he was there to take care of them, to help them out with homework and feed them, he had never been the strict kind of parent. He had never made a problem of whenever Jughead went hanging with is friends or took someone to the movies. 

''Excuse me? When were you going to inform me about that?'' Alice crossed her arms sassily and raised her eye-brow so high that it would have scared other people. 

''I told her she had to ask you herself. Don't shoot the messenger.'' FP threw his hands in the air in defense. 

Technically he wasn't wrong. Alice was Betty's parent and it didn't feel right to decide whether she could go to a party or not if he couldn't reach her. So, instead he had said that Alice had to approve first. The teenager had been smarter though, she would just say that FP said they could go. 

''You're in charge now too, remember?'' Alice pointed out, remembering him of their agreement and what that meant. 

FP opened his mouth to say something witty back to her, but on that very moment the front door swung open and Betty, Jughead and Russel came walking in.

Instead of blaming Betty for not asking whether she could do something with her grandfather again, she blamed her Dad. Alice knew exactly where this was coming from and how manipulative he could be, but she was just sick of him trying to take her daughter away all the time. 

''Next time tell me when you snatch my daughter away.'' She hissed to him, just loud enough for everybody to hear. Alice didn't care about that though, they could all know what she thought of this. 

''Sorry honey, thought we could have fun.'' Russel chuckled innocently, but to Alice this was  anything but an innocent act. 

Where was he when she was young? Why didn't he take her out to the movies? Or to a city nearby? Or came to her dance recitals? He had missed all the big milestones and had not apologized once. Now he was pretending the be the perfect grandfather, taking his granddaughter and her boyfriend out on fun trips, but she wasn't buying it. This man hadn't changed, he just tried to excuse his guilt. 

''Elizabeth, you have a big presentation tomorrow. No parties. Grandpa can have dinner here and then go home.'' Alice said coldly, her eyes still fixated on her father even though she was talking to her daughter. 

''But Mom--'' Betty protested, but she didn't want to hear it. Today wasn't a good moment to have a discussion. 

''No buts, alright?'' Alice warned her firmly.