13 | Double Trouble

"Alice, I got Principal Honey on the phone for you." Lena poked her head around the corner and Alice looked up from her laptop, her eye-brow furrowing in confusion.

Why would the school principal want to talk to her in the middle of the school day? Betty was an excellent student and she couldn't imagine her getting trouble or anything remotely like that. Either way, she answered the phone because he must have a good reason to call and disturb her work.

"Alice Smith you're speaking with." She answered, waiting for him to tell her what was going on.

"Ms. Smith, I am calling you to talk about Jughead Jones. He's been living with you, am I correct?" He asked her formally, even when they knew the truth of Jughead's whereabouts.

Legally, he had to move with his mother to Toledo, but Alice had promised that he could stay with her as long as possible. Everyone knew where he was, even when they hadn't done anything officially. It was just one of the perks of being a mayor, nobody was going to rat her out.

"You are, but what about him?" She asked curious and suddenly she realized that it wasn't her daughter, but Jughead being in trouble. If he had the same temper as his Dad then she was afraid of the worst. Still, the boy was always so peaceful and quiet that it was hard to imagine him beating up someone.

"He's been in a fight. I'd like to talk to you in my office as soon as possible." He stated firmly.

"That doesn't sound like Jughead." Alice quickly defended him. There must be a good explanation of why Jughead did what he did and she was certain that someone must have twisted the situation.

"Sadly, it is Ms. Smith." Mr. Honey sighed.

"Why didn't you call his father?" She asked him curiously, as they must have known by now that FP wasn't in jail anymore. Why would they call the woman they suspected he was still living with instead of one of his parents?

"We didn't have his new adres and or phone number. If he reaches out, please let us know." He asked her politely.

Alice let out a small laugh. They didn't even bother to check their facts anymore. If he had called her before or even asked Jughead himself he would have known that his father was in town.

"You're in luck, he's living with us too. I'll bring him with me." She informed in as she closed her laptop and grabbed her jacket. Alice said him goodbye and took a breath as she scrolled through her phone to find FP's phone number.

"Lena, I have an emergency meeting. Cancel the rest of my appointments." She informed her assistent quickly as she walked in the halls of City Hall and made her way outside to her car.

"Jones, meet me at Riverdale High. Jughead has been in a fight." She told him when he had picked up.

"Woah, are you sure? That's not like him." FP's voice sounded a little sad, as he had always hoped that his son wouldn't turn out the way he did. There was a chance he had gotten the same temper since that was in the Jones genes, but Jughead was smarter than that, wasn't he?

"That's what I said. See you in a bit, okay?" Alice tried to keep her voice soft and wanted him to know that no matter what they'd be a team when it came to defending his son.

**

When Alice and FP entered the Principal's office, Jughead was already sitting there with a face like thunder. There was something wrong and FP wanted to know exactly what is was.

''Boy, care to explain what happend?'' He tried to keep his calm but his voice betrayed a little anger. He had always tried to teach him that violence wasn't the answer. Especially when FP had to learn that the hard way.