10 | Late Nights

Alice silently opened the front door, so she wouldn't possibly wake anyone, until she realized there was still some light on in the living room. To her surprise she saw FP's eyes flutter open and he stretched a little when he realized he had been sleeping for a while now. 

"Hey, you're home. How was your date?" He groggily asked her, yawning loudly as he sat back up again. His neck was hurting from the position he had been in for the past hours but that was all on him. 

"Did you fell asleep on the couch?" Alice crossed her arms and raised her eye-brow while disapprovingly shaking her head. 

"Yeah, sorry. That Bold and the Beautiful marathon tired me out. But don't dodge my question, how was it?" He turned off the tv and waited for her to spill all the gossip. If she looked like that there was no doubt in his mind that something more happend than just talking. 

"Things were fine..." Alice said casually, but the high pitch in her voice betrayed that she was lying, or at least was hiding something. 

"Alice, what's the truth? You're lying." FP pointed out immediately, but she wasn't going to give in so quickly. She sat down on the chair next to the couch and kicked off her heels. 

"Am not! We went over to his place." She shot back, raising her eye-brow knowingly so he could fill in the details himself. 

"Aaah, to his place, huh? Had some fun there?" He smirked, hoping she'd finally spill the good stuff now. She was a tough egg to crack though, as she remained silent while he kept smiling at her, his eyes asking for more details to the story. 

Alice sighed and realized she didn't even want to make up a fake story of what happened. People would think she was crazy by refusing sleeping with someone as good looking as Adam, but she'd rather be honest than to make up a lie just so he wouldn't make jokes about it. 

"If you must know, we didn't. He got a little too handsy and I am just not ready for that." She defended herself harshly, as if she was trying to brace herself for the teasing comment he was going to make.

But instead his face softened and he realized that his questions had been inappropriate. If he had known it was such a touchy subject for her he wouldn't even have asked. They were still getting to know each other and this was just one of the things he learned about her. 

"Sorry, Alice. I was just joking." He smiled slightly, telling her that he would never make a judge her for having boundaries.

"It's fine, FP. He might not even call me again." Alice huffed and laid her head against the chair as she closed her eyes for a second. 

"He's crazy if he doesn't." FP told her firmly. 

He didn't want her to feel any less just because she hadn't given into his attempts to take it any further. It was her body, her choice. And if a man didn't want to see her again just because she didn't want sex on the first date then that was his loss. 

"Thanks for trying to cheer me up, but I am okay." Alice chuckled slightly. It really was no big deal, her date night was fun and she had made some progress when it came to her dating life. All things considered, it could have been worse. 

"Can't believe you said it." FP smirked to himself and shook his head. 

"What?" She raised her eye-brow. 

"You said my name. You said FP. In my face."  He pointed out with a triumpth smile, as if he had finally won. 

"Oh, so I let it slip once and now you won't cut it out till the end of times, isn't it?" Alice scoffed and pulled her knees to her chest as she rolled her eyes at him. 

"Absolutely." He answered in all seriousness, giving her wink afterwards. 

"You're very annoying, you know that, Forsythe?" She teased him, but by now she knew he secretly loved that. And if she was being honest with herself, she loved it just as much. He truly knew how to make her smile and he didn't even try to. 

"Admit it, it's growing on you." He stated as if it was a fact. And it was, but she obviously wouldn't admit that to him. Just when she opened her mouth to say something sassy, the front door opened again, startling them both.

It was just Betty and Jughead thinking they were sneaking back into their home, but when they saw both Alice and FP sitting in the living room, looking at them with open mouth they figured that they had been caught. 

"What the hell? It's one in the morning?!" Alice stood up from the chair and walked over to the teens, crossing her arms as she stood in front of him. 

"Why aren't you asleep?" Betty asked her, as she had assumed that her Mom would be safe and sound in her bed on this time a night. 

"Why aren't you asleep?!" Alice returned the question, which seemed way more valid to do so since she was the adult here and her teenage daughter just had tried to sneak back into her room without even consulting that she had been gone. 

"Boy, did you sneak out to the party after we told you not to?" FP backed-up Alice as he pointed his finger at him, trying his hardest not to snap. 

Jughead wasn't afraid of his father though, he didn't even understand why this was such a big deal. So what that they snuck out to go to a party? As if they had never done that before. 

"To be fair, we didn't sneak out. Russel picked us up and gave us a lift." Jughead commented back, giving his father a scoff.

Alice could sense FP getting more worked up by the second, so she placed her hand on his bicep and pushed him little behind her and took a breath for a second too. 

"I am going to kill him." She mumbled to herself as she massaged her own temples. Alice heard FP slowly breath in and breath out and by the way his chest was now rising at a normal level again she figured that he had calmed down. 

"Go upstairs. We'll talk tomorrow." Alice sighed and gestured for the stairs. Neither one of the kids said a word but just left with a frown on their faces. This was certainly not how they expected the night to end. 

"Haven't you seen anything? You were downstairs the whole time!" Alice turned around to face FP and she couldn't understand how he hadn't seen them sneak out if he was glued to the TV the whole time. 

"I fell asleep pretty early, sorry, Alice." He sighed and felt very stupid for passing out so quickly. He could have known better, but it had been a long time since he had to be firm to his son. Not that he was a strict parent, but when he told him he couldn't go he had meant it. 

"We'll handle with them at breakfast, which none of us is making by the way." Alice pointed out. They didn't deserve to wake-up with waffels and the smell of bacon. They could make their own breakfast if they had the guts to sneak out. 

"So, I can sleep in?" He teased her to lighten the mood. He earned a hit on his chest whereon he feigned his pain. 

"No, you idiot. We're lecturing them." Alice tried to stay serious but there appeared a soft smile on her face. Luckily she had him to make light of the situation even when they had almost snapped to their kids.

"You're a mean boss, Smith." He pushed her shoulder playfully. 

"You're asking for it, Forsythe." She teased back.