39 | Sex Plan

It was quiet, until Jughead decided to speak up. They had been going over this multiple times now, but it looked like they already knew what it was leading to. How were you supposed to keep standing when your parents were dating and were trying to have a baby? Sure, it had been a false positive but they figured it wouldn't be long until Alice would get pregnant. What did that mean for them?

"Maybe we need to take things slow, Betty." Jughead said quietly. It was vague, but what they were supposed to do? This was so much for two teenagers. He loved her, or at least he thought he did and it wasn't if he wanted to lose her for good. Both of them just needed a breath, didn't they?

"It is a little too much, right?" Betty sighed quietly, already spiraling of what this meant for them longterm. Taking a break usually led to a break up. Jughead saw where her mind was wandering off to, and so he grabbed her hands.

"Look, I am not saying that this is the end for us. I am just saying that we have a lot to deal with. A few weeks ago I thought you were pregnant and now our parents are trying to have baby. It's complicated." He smiled slightly as he summed up what had happened the past few weeks. That was a lot, Betty had to agree on that.

"So, should we press pause?" She proposed, since that didn't sound as official as breaking up or taking a break even. Pressing pause meant they would press play, eventually.

"Yes. I think so. Just so we know how to deal with all this." Jughead sighed, feeling his heart break a little. He loved her, but was this all worth it?

**
In the meantime, a floor higher than were Betty and Jughead had been discussing their relationship, Alice and FP were sitting at the edge of their bed with a pregnancy test in their hand, desperately waiting for the results.

"All the signs are there. My boobs are bigger, my shoes don't fit and I've been moodier lately. Have you noticed?" She raised her eye-brow, and FP looked back at her with a smile that was so bright that she knew he was faking it.

"Of course not, honey." He quickly pressed a kiss on her cheek to distract her. She had been moodier lately, but he loved that side of her just as much. In the end he was the one always calming her down and it always felt like they completely each other perfectly.

"You're a smart man. Thanks for lying." She giggled and took her phone out of her pocket to check her timer. The last few seconds.

"Let's take picture of the moment we find out that we are..." She unlocked her camera and turned it to the front one as FP turned around the test.

"Not pregnant." She said disappointed, as she looked at the one pink line. FP was just as confused as she was, he had been convinced that they got pregnant.

"We're not, huh? I really thought that my last shot of jones was going to do the trick. I had given them a pep talk and everything." He sighed, earning a glare from Alice as she didn't want to picture that.

"I really thought we would have a baby." She said quietly, fiddling with her nails as she processed the bad news. It hurt him to see her so saddened like this, so he pushed her closer to him, making her rest her head on his shoulder.

"Come here babe, see it this way. Tonight we can open up a bottle of wine, set the mood, and try again." He said sweetly, and she had to admit that it sounded like an amazing idea.

**

While FP was showering to get ready for his work meeting, Alice had walked downstairs to make a cup of coffee— at least she was allowed to have one now.

"And? What did it say?" Betty asked, a twinkle in her eyes as she spoke. It might be a difficult situation, but she still hoped for her mother to come back with good news.