23 | Morning Glory

Jughead and Betty walked down the stairs as they witnessed FP making some fresh orange juice with a big smile spread over his face. He had turned on some music and whistled along, which was a rare sight to see. FP Jones wasn't a morning person — the opposite actually. But today, he had something to smile about and that very reason was probably waking up by now. 

''You're smiling.'' Jughead frowned as he slowly made his way to the kitchen, almost afraid of seeing his Dad like this in the morning. 

Sure he had always put on a smile for them as he made breakfast, that was just part of his job now. But this was a whole new level — this was genuine happiness. 

''Can't a man just be happy?'' FP raised his eye brow and mentally slapped himself for such a weak comeback. 

He needed to tone it down a little if he didn't want them to be suspicious. But how could he not act like this? He was living on cloud nine and if he could he wanted to tell the whole world about it. 

''Should I call a doctor? It isn't even 8am yet. You're scaring me." Jughead chuckled as he took a seat at the kitchen island to get himself a sandwich. Betty smiled at the two boys and shook her head. She liked this side of FP, it made waking-up a lot more fun. 

''Some people change, Boy. I have a lot of reasons to smile, don't I?'' FP let a grin tug on the corners of his mouth even when he tried his hardest not to show that there was something more behind his morning happiness. 

That challenge became even harder when the woman that was the reason behind his good mood came walking into he living room and made her way into the kitchen. She locked eyes with FP for a second but then quickly looked at the kids before they'd just keep smiling to each other. 

''Morning everyone.'' She said as normal as possible as she poured herself a cup of coffee. The two kids greeted her back, oblivious for how she had to fight a grin. 

''How did you sleep, Alice?'' FP asked her as he raised his eyebrow. 

''Perfectly fine, thank you.'' She answered as cool as possible. He was testing her and she wanted to make him pay for that later. But if she was being honest, she actually liked it. 

Neither Betty or Jughead were really paying attention to that though, as they were almost getting too late for school. He took one last peak at his watch and then grabbed the hand of his girlfriend to drag her with him. 

''We'll be home around dinner.'' He informed them before grabbing his bag, sweeping it over his shoulder and waving to them one last time before they both left out of the door. 

''Have a nice day sweet hearts!'' Alice called after them as they made their way out. 

They waited until they heard the door slam and immediately searched for the other's eyes. FP grinned and walked over to his girl and placed his hand on her waist. The robe was driving him crazy, especially when there was just enough of her cleavage showing to make his imagination run wild. 

''Morning beautiful. Now I can finally properly greet you.'' He whispered lowly and crushed his lips onto hers, making her giggle as he did so. 

''Hmmm, do that again.'' She hummed contently when they broke apart, his nose slowly stroking hers. 

''You mean this?'' He kissed her once more and squeezed her hips as he pulled her as close as humanly possible. 

It hadn't even been twenty-four hours but she was becoming addictive already. If he could, he'd kiss her all day. 

''Didn't you mind staying in your own room last night? I felt a bit guilty about that.'' She placed her hands on his shoulder and slowly rubbed back and forth. It was a crime that he looked this good with barely working out.