25 | Quiz Show

Betty and Jughead had been studying all day and night for the Quiz Show, and the day had finally come. Alice and FP had tagged along as they had promised to be there to cheer them on. Winning this would look good on their college applications and they were determined to get that trophy.

''We'll be in the audience guys, you are going to nail this.'' FP patted both their shoulders as he smiled brightly at them. After all the tests he had done with them the past week he was more than happy that the day was finally there. He couldn't see any more Quiz cards.

''Thanks, Dad. We hope so too.'' Jughead beamed as he took a nervous breath.

''You're all very smart, there is no way Baxter High will win.'' Alice encouraged him, totally convinced that their kids had would have this in the pocket.

''Well, you helped us study so I think we have a high chance of winning.'' Betty smiled. She was thankful that they had done everything to help them win this thing, even when their parents had better things to do. It had actually been quite fun to train with each other after dinner and at breakfast.

''Good luck, sweet hearts.'' She kissed both their cheeks.

They made their way over to their chairs as they watched their kids get ready for the big moment. A smile tugged on his lips as FP thought back of Jughead being a little boy, and now he was graduating high school. It really all went by so fast.

''I remember him being a very small baby and now he's a grown up. It's crazy. He has become way smarter than me, that's at least one thing I did right.'' He said quietly.

It was safe to say that he hadn't always been the best father-- he tried, and he did give him all the love he had to offer but things had been messy at home for a long time, until he got to live with Alice. Everything changed from that moment on.

''You raised a beautiful and intelligent boy, FP.'' Alice smiled and hoped that FP could be proud of himself by doing such a great job.

''Your daughter is pretty awesome too. They make a good team.'' He looked at her and had to fight the urge not to kiss her now.

''They absolutely do.'' Alice hadn't noticed the way he looked at her, she just kept staring at her daughter.

''Just like us.'' FP grabbed her hand and squeezed gently. She now looked his way and smiled softly at the gesture. They really were a good team.

''Is it okay if I hold your hand in public? Or should we not?'' He asked a little insecure while stroking her knuckles with his thumb. Everyone was too busy with themselves to even notice the love birds, but it was still a risk they were taking.

''As long as the kids don't see we are in the clear.'' She teased him and bumped their shoulders together.

''Kinda hot, this whole sneaking around thing.'' He winked as he moved their hands towards her thigh.

''Hmm, you think so?'' She purred.

''Doing something we're not supposed to. Yeah, that's hot.'' FP gave her a soft kiss on her cheek after he looked around to check if someone was watching them.

''Well, maybe we can arrange something for tonight after the kids are gone to sleep?'' She took back her hand and traced his knee as she asked him, knowing that the feeling would tickle him. They hadn't spend the night together before, but she just wanted to lay in his arms for a change instead of stolen kisses when the kids weren't watching.

''You could come to the basement? I'll give you a little home tour.'' He placed his arm around her and let it rest on the chair as he barely grazed her shoulder with his finger. It was a shame they couldn't go public yet, but that was for the best now. Besides, living in their own bubble was pretty exciting too.