22 | Plenty of Fish

Alice was deep in her concentration as she wrote the report of the yearly Pickens Day Festival, that she barely noticed that her assistant had come in to place the documents she had asked for on her desk. But then she remembered that last Friday she and FP had had a date, but that he didn't even told her how it went.

''Lena, wait! How are things with FP?'' She asked her genuinely curious. 

Both Lena and FP were good people and she appreciated them in her life. If there was something blossoming she'd like to know. Maybe if it did, it would be easier to get rid of that annoying crush she had.

''He didn't tell you?'' Lena raised her eye-brow suspiciously, as she had though that since they were living together, FP would have told about how their date went down. Unless... maybe it all made sense now. Maybe Alice was the other woman.

''What should he have told me?'' Alice asked confused as she couldn't read the expression on her assistant's face. Did something big happen? And if there did, why would FP keep this from her?

''We broke up. But we're good.'' Lena explained her, a small smile on her face. 

She could see why FP was in love with her. Alice was an amazing woman. She was fierce, caring, a worker, she fights for what she believes in and she is beautiful. Of course he'd fall in love with her.

''Wait, what? Why didn't I know that?'' Alice felt a little hurt to find out that FP was keeping this a secret from her as she thought they had reached a point where they were honest to each other. Actually, he just didn't told her which was different from lying, but right now that was exactly the same feeling.

''There's somebody else. I think we both know who that is.'' Lena said softly, trying to tell her that even if she knew that it might be her who FP had feelings for, that they were okay.

''Do we?'' Alice asked quietly, her body temperature rising. None of them said it out loud, but the fact that Lena was implying that he loved her, was making her more nervous than it probably should.

''I truly hope he gets her.'' Lena smiled to her boss. 

They were fine, love wasn't something you could force. She liked FP, he was cute, funny and they truly clicked. But it just wasn't there and that was fine. If he loved Alice, and Alice loved him then she'd support that.

''I am sorry he broke up with you. I really am.'' Alice said a little embarrassed. 

But she couldn't be the reason FP broke up with her, could she? That kiss was just something that happened because they had drank too much beer. That is what they both thought, wasn't it?

''There are plenty of fish in the see, Alice. He just wasn't my fish.'' Lena winked, trying to make light of the situation.

''Any man should be lucky to have you, Lena.'' Alice smiled back at her and she truly meant it. There were so many things about Lena to love and she was sure that there was going to be a man to treat her like the goddess she was.

''Absolutely. So the girls and I are going out tonight to have some fun and drink lots of tequila.'' She beamed as she looked forward to tonight. The break-up had happened so early that she didn't care that much, she was just glad that FP had found out the truth before they got serious.

''Sounds perfect.'' Alice chuckled. 

Sometimes she forgot that Lena was a few years younger than she was and would still go out as a way to date new men. She truly liked that about her and every now and then she longed to still do things like that again. But therefore her life was too complicated.