47 | Old Wounds

Trigger warning: mention of miscarriage.

It had been just four days, but FP had been overprotective since the very first second she had been put on bed rest. Not only was she carrying one child, they had come to known that she had been pregnant with twins all along. Even more reason for FP to make sure she was absolutely not doing too much. For now, she was lying in their bed, dressed in one of his flannels, rubbing her hands over her showing baby bump and secretly smirking at his protective nature.

"Do you need some yoghurt?" He asked her after he had rearranged the pillow she was resting against. A silent chuckle left her mouth. This man was adorable.

"No, baby. We're good." She assured him. Even though she wasn't allowed to leave the bed, she felt the same as she always did. Sure, she had to watch her energy levels, but other than that everything seemed the be fine.

"Some soup then?" He offered, wanting to do anything he could do to make this better for her. But Alice shook her head. She was fine.

"A massage? More pillows? Nature sounds to fall asleep too?" FP made an attempt to grab his phone to look up the playlist he had used the night before —even after she had told him that the sounds didn't help that much— but she held him back before he got the chance.

"Honey, stop freaking out. Everything is fine." She grabbed his hand and squeezed comfortingly. It looked like he needed to be the one to put on bed rest instead of her. FP sighed silently and sat down on the bed next to her without letting go of her hand.

"Sorry, I just want what is best for you. It was scary to have to bring you to the hospital." He confessed quietly, for the first time being honest about how much it did to him when she had been in pain.

He had been scared of something being wrong with their baby, or babies in this case, or even with her own health. He wasn't going to take the risk of anything happening to either of them.

"You're an angel." She placed her hand on his cheek and gave him a soft kiss. "There is nothing wrong though, I might get to work soon. I can't stay in bed all day." She leant back into her pillow with a smile and a sigh, feeling ready to get back to the office. Especially in a town like Riverdale she didn't want to be away for too long.

"What? No babe, you should rest." FP said with concern in his voice. Was this woman really considering going back there today after the doctor said she should stay in bed for two weeks? He hoped she was just joking around. Alice noticed the seriousness of his concern and needed him to stop worrying for a second. She knew her body and her own boundaries, everything would be fine.

"Go, they are waiting for you at the office. Those comics don't draw themselves." She teased and planted another kiss on his lips that he happily accepted. He was a little hesitated to leave her, but she was right. He needed to get to work.

"Only because I can't say no to you. Don't forget, I am one call away." He brushed with his hands through her hair for a second before standing up and planting a kiss on her forehead. Only thing was, FP didn't have to go to the office today. There was something else he had been planning, that she couldn't quite know yet. With that, he left out of the room, his concern still there.

**

At the end of the day FP came back home after a day of shopping and planning every second of his big surprise. They got interrupted at their fancy dinner, but that gave him the chance to really do something special for her, something more close to their hearts.

"FP, you are home early." Betty looked up from her history book and looked at a smiling FP who was carrying some bags inside.

"Yeah, wanted to be home for your Mom and check up on her." He had come home a little earlier to make sure nothing would jeopardize his proposal this time, and so he could make her something to eat.