28 | Secret Meeting

''Don't forget, we're a little late tonight because of the Blue & Gold.'' Jughead grabbed his bag and jacket as he waited for his Dad to finish making his sandwich. They had chatted to long while drinking their morning coffee today and so they would have to eat their breakfast to-go.

''Tell me, how's that going?'' Alice asked interested as they hadn't talked about that for a while now. Both Betty and Jughead loved to write and she was happy that they had a common interest that made them spend time together.

''We get a lot of time to improve our writing and spend time with each other, so it's fun!'' Betty smiled brightly as she glanced at her boyfriend, who had exactly the same expression on his face.

Working together made them even stronger, they believed. As Alice looked at them she realized that they were a solid couple who were going to last for the long term. She couldn't even imagine how telling them about her and FP's relationship was going to go down. That was a thought for later though, right now she just wanted to enjoy their little happy bubble.

The two made their wait to he door until FP's voice stopped them.

''Don't forget your lunches.'' He handed them over the paper bags, which they gratefully accepted until they opened it to take a peak and realized what was in there.

''Dad, there is a sponge in here.'' Jughead grabbed it out of the bag and handed it over to him, his eye-brow wrinkled in confusion.

FP sighed and grabbed the whole bag, and thought he grabbed the sponge from him but instead he took all the edible stuff in there and putted the sponge back. Without thinking he handed the package back to his son.

''Do you mind if I keep the sandwich?'' Jughead said sarcastically while he grabbed the sponge out of the bag again and switched it with the sandwich in FP's hand.

''Sorry, Kid. I barely slept.'' FP chuckled and shook his head at his own mistake.

''I heard some noise this morning, what was that? Did that wake you up too?'' Jughead asked curious, as he had been awake an hour for his alarm and had been tossing and turning ever since.

''You were up early too, Mom. When I came into your room to borrow your necklace you weren't there.'' Betty pointed out.

Alice and FP felt their cheeks flush when Jughead and Betty revealed the noises they had been hearing, knowing all to well what they must have heard. Luckily, FP came up with a distraction real soon.

''Yeah, your Mom and I were in a very heated... discussion.'' He cleared his throat awkwardly as he poured himself another cup of coffee, avoiding their gaze at all costs.

''About what?'' Betty raised her eye-brow.

''Game of Thrones. How bad Alice thinks show actually is.'' FP said shortly, hoping that they'd drop asking questions soon. He looked at Alice for a second who seemed to panic on the inside by the third degree they were getting.

''And that was something you felt the need to discuss at six in the morning?'' Jughead chuckled slightly.

''As long as Alice doesn't agree with me that her opinion is wrong, then yes, we do.'' FP pointed out, giving his girlfriend a cheeky smile. It seemed like the kids were buying it.

''Please, you just watch it to see naked women.'' Alice joined him on the distraction and rolled her eyes. As long as they stayed teasing each other none of the kids would think there was something weird going on.

''Absolutely not, I am there for the plot!'' FP defended himself with a scoff, earning a light slap from Alice on his chest.

''Sure, Dad." Jughead rolled his eyes and looked at the clock again to realize they were already late. "Anyway, we need to get going.''