The pride of Britain awards

A/N Hey people! Just a few words from me real quick, obviously right now is a time of uncertainty and everything is completely up in the air. With things like sports and schools and personal things being shut along with major things like the TJADS tour being postponed, there is a lot of doom and gloom going around at the moment. My only words to you all is to stay positive. Use your time wisely by doing work, going for a run or finding other ways to stay fit and healthy, and use this time to figure out all things you have ever wanted to. Obviously I am going to try and write more during this time, and I know that several other creators are hoping to get more content out for us all to keep you entertained. Stay healthy, happy and positive, and remember that this will come to an end. Thank you all for your engagement on this story so far, I am absolutely loving writing this. Love you all xx

22nd February 2034

"Alex?" Dianne questioned in confusion as she looked at the glazed eyes of the little boy next to her. "You okay sweety?"

Snapping back into reality, Alex looked up to his mum and smiled happily, the dimple in his right cheek deepening, mirroring hers as it did so.

"Are you getting bored of this?" She questioned noting that the two of them had in fact been sitting and looking through the large, beige photo album for almost 2 hours which - when you're 6 years old - is an awful long time to be sat listening to an adult ramble on about something or other.

"Not really, I like looking at the pictures of you and daddy, but I'm thirsty."

Standing up from her seat on the sofa, feeling the strain in her muscles as she did so, Dianne held out a hand to her son and nodded her head towards the kitchen across the hallway. "Well let's go get you a drink them monkey." She said with a smile.

The little boy jumped off the sofa with joy and began sprinting towards the white tiled kitchen, narrowly missing the dog that was laid out flat on the hallway floor.

"Alex slow down before you hurt yourself!" Dianne said from the hallway as she stopped to bend down and curl her hand around the dogs ear, scratching it as she did so. "He's mad isn't he Sid." She whispered to the dog who Lily was still certain looks uncannily like the sloth off of Ice Age. Tilting his head in response to her remark, Dianne couldn't help but smile at the excitable ball of fluff before her.

Standing up, and making her way into the kitchen, she looked over to see Alex playing with the car he had left on the work surface. Pulling a plastic cup out the cupboard and filling it with water, Dianne passed her son the drink he so desperately craved, before turning around to start making herself a coffee.

Family life in the Sugg Household was a well oiled machine. With Dianne only working as an assistant choreographer on Strictly, and for a few professional tours, she had plenty of time at home with her kids. Of course things were easier when Joe was there to help, but after being a mum for 13 years, and living in her dream home for 9 of those years, Dianne had worked out the perfect ways to keep all four of them, and the dog, happy and content with life.

"So what happened after the roller-coaster?" Alex asked as he wiped his sleeve over his lips to clear the excess water on his mouth.

"Well, what's the next picture?" She questioned as she took a sip of the burning hot, bitter liquid in her hands.

Running back out of the kitchen and into the lounge, Dianne heard the audible groan that he made as he managed to drag the album into the kitchen. Opening it back onto the next page Alex pointed to a large picture of the two of them looking deeply into each others eyes.