The nerves

8th March 2034

"So..." Dianne began as she knelt down slightly, looking her daughter in the eye. "How do you feel?"

Smoothing down the body of her dress, Lily shuffled slightly on her feet. "I... I feel alright. A little nervous I guess." She shrugged nonchalantly.

Despite her calm exterior, Dianne knew that she was lying. The way in which her eyes continually flicked around the room, combined with the unnatural way in which she swayed from side to side, coexisting with the same nervous traits that Dianne would always show before any competition she would be a part of.

"That's a good thing though." Joe counteracted as he too noted the extent to which his daughters nerves travelled to.

"Why?"

"Because it shows that you care." He responded as he settled down to the same level as his wife, looking Lily in the eye as a way of comforting her. "If you weren't nervous at all then you might think it wouldn't matter. Like you aren't nervous to go school everyday because it's just a routine. It's something you have to do. But today nerves are good because it proves to yourself that this is important to you."

"Really?" The young girl questioned sceptically. "Is that true Mum?" She asked - looking to the professional for reassurance.

"Absolutely sweety. But as good as it is to be a little bit nervous, make sure you don't let it control you okay... Don't get hung up on that idea, and instead focus on what it is you're doing. I know that you and Chris know the routines. Remember to smile, and give it 100 percent. As long as you can do that, you have nothing to be worried about." The red head reassured as she pressed a hand onto her little girls shoulder.

Lily nodded softly. She knew that there was no point in her trying to hide the true extent to her fears - but there was something in the back of her mind that she just couldn't get rid of.

In these situations, Lily wasn't just known as Lily Rose Sugg, the 13 year old contestant; Instead she was known as Lily Rose Sugg, the daughter of Strictly Come dancing professional Dianne Buswell, and Television personality Joe Sugg. Every single parent or judge in that room knew who her parents were, and consequently knew who she was too. The instant expectations of her ability where somethings that neither she, or her dance partner Chris, could ignore. And as the young girl so desperately wanted to make it into the world of dance, in the hopes of following in her mothers footsteps, each event she went to proved one thing... When ever she competed, not only was her own reputation on the line, but so was the reputation of her parents. The reputation that the two of them had worked tirelessly for over decades , to eventually find themselves adored by millions. And those were some big shoes to fill when you were only 13 years old.

"Why do you look sad Lily?" Alex questioned softly from his position next to Joe.

"Oh... I'm not sad Monkey." Lily responded softly as she gave her little brother a warm smile - his big blue eyes boring into hers as he gave her that all to familiar cheeky grin. "Just a bit worried is all."

"But you're good!" The little boy responded with a joviality to his voice which the brunette needed in that moment.

"Thanks bro." She whispered softly, opening her arms for the little boy to run into.

It wasn't very often that the two of them acted this close - but as both Joe and Dianne watched the admittedly adorable sight of their daughter cradling their little boy in her arms, much like she used to do when he was born, melted their hearts in a way that the parents had not expected.