The last page

1st July 2034
"Right, PJ's on... Teeth brushed?" Joe questioned as he stood by the doorway to his sons bedroom, attempting to stifle the yawn which he was desperate to let go of.

"Yep." The little boy responded hastily, a guilty smirk thrown across his lips as he looked away from his dad. Something which did not go unnoticed by the brunette.

"Alex..." He responded sceptically as he walked over to where he was stood, getting down on his knees so that they were eye level. "Did you?"

"Yeah I did!"

"Breath on me then."

Sighing softly, Alex threw his arms back down to his side. "Fine... I'll go brush them." He mumbled grumpily as the six year old made his way out of the room, into the bathroom which he shared with his big sister down the hall...

"Bloody hell, six years old and he's already got the pranking skills of his mum." Joe muttered in return as he began tidying away the clothes which Alex had left carelessly on the floor. "And the cleaning ability too."

"Who the hell are you talking to?"

Turning behind him, Joe threw the clothes in his arms into the wash basket by the door. His eyes catching sight of the unusually English nature to his wife's voice. "Huh?" He questioned, noting the way that she was stood there at the top of the stairs staring at him.

"I asked who you were talking to, then noticed that Alex was in the bathroom and that you were just being insane and talking to yourself."

"Yeah, because you don't do that at all." Joe scoffed sarcastically. "Besides, why are you up here anyway, I thought you and Lily were watching Love Island."

"Yeah we were, but apparently there's only so many times I can tell my daughter that I think a guy is attractive before she cringes so much she asks me to leave." The red head responded, a small frown covering her features, causing Joe to laugh hysterically. "So instead I said I'd watch it in our room and gawk over them there."

"Great, good to know... I'm just going to put Alex to bed and then run away so I don't need to watch my wife look at men who are more attractive then me."

Walking over to him, Dianne wrapped her arms around Joe's neck. Before pressing a soft kiss onto his lips and looking lovingly into his eyes. "Don't get jealous Joey, you're always the man I wan't to couple up with." She responded lovingly as she felt Joe's hands wrap around her waist and pressing his lips onto hers once again.

"Aww, thanks darlin'"

"But I should tell you that there is this one guy - Mark - who you might need to be slightly concerned about because.... My god, all I'm saying is that if he wanted to go down under, I would not say no."

Joe looked at his wife with an unimpressed smirk strewn across his features. His eyes narrowing slightly at the way her eyes had suddenly widened and her front teeth had made their way onto the top of her bottom lip.

"You're disgusting." He mumbled softly, rolling his eyes as he did so.

"Yeah I know... Yet still you say that you love me."

Smiling widely, Joe pressed his lips onto hers once again. "I think that means that I win then."

"Hmm, maybe it does. But until Mark couples up with someone else, I wouldn't hedge ya bets there Joseph."

Softly hitting her arm, Joe rolled his eyes once again. "You're ridiculous. Now get outta here you." He responded, gently ushering her out of the room as he watched Alex walk out of the bathroom back towards his own bedroom door.