The party

A/N Hey people! I know it's not usually like me to post two days in a row, but with today being a bank holiday I had the time to write something! After yesterday's chapter, a lot of you said that you would love to see more of Joe and Lily together; So, that's what I have done! It's a really sweet chapter, and one that I'm quite proud of. I really hope you enjoy it, and thank you so much for reading! xx

3rd March 2034

"Hey girls!" Joe said jovially as he watched his wife and his daughter walk through the front door - wide smiles plastered across their faces, and thin lines of sweat balanced on their foreheads. "Good session?" He asked as he made his way into the kitchen - swiftly followed by the two of them.

"Yeah." Lily responded excitedly. "We managed to get the full routine down, and both Chris and I reckon that we now know both the Latin and the Ballroom number off by heart."

"That's incredible. Well done sweety." Joe retorted proudly as he embraced her into a hug. "And Strictly's Dianne Buswell, how do you feel about it?" He questioned coyly - his voice imitating the sound of the old voice over from Strictly.

Smiling fondly at the memories, Dianne took a quick gulp from the glass of water in her hand before answering. "It looks good. I mean, you still need to work on the timing of those pivots in the last section of the Viennese; but apart from that, the two of them look pretty damn good."

There was a very clear air of pride in the room that moment. Both Joe and Dianne were beyond proud of the fact that with no prompting whatsoever, dancing had taken Lily's interest from the moment she could walk. And the fact that she was good enough to be competing in things like county championships already, just pushed that pride further. Equally in that moment Lily felt incredible.

Much like the her mother, Lily always knew that the one thing she could count on to make her smile was dancing. She knew that when her mind was busy, or she felt a bit down - much like she had done earlier - the concentration that was required, combined with the freedom she felt when moving her body to a choreographed piece of music, had the ability to calm her down, and whack a smile onto her face whenever she needed it most. And today was no exception.

"How's Alex doing?" Dianne questioned as she settled down at the dining room table to free her feet from the prison that was her trainers.

"Yeah, he's okay I think. I made dinner for all four of us, but the moment that he looked at it I could tell that he wasn't ready to eat anything just yet. So instead I gave him a bath, and now he's in bed sleeping it all off hopefully." Joe responded softly as he ran a hand through his hair.

"So have you eaten yet?"

"No, I was waited till you two got back." He responded as he walked over to the oven, where he pulled out three plates of pre-cooked Thai curry.

"My god Joseph that smells delicious." Dianne said excitedly as he brought the plates over to the table where she was already sat with Lily. "Thank you." She responded as she lent up and pressed a soft kiss to his lips in appreciation.

"Eww... Gross." Lily responded jokingly as she watched the notion between her parents unfold.

Settling down himself, Joe let out a gentle laugh. "You joke now Lily, but one day you'll find someone who wants to make you embarrass other people." He continued nonchalantly.

Lily threw her eye line over to Dianne. The discussion the two girls had had earlier that night flooding back into their brains like poison into a blood stream.